+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Using
    Mechanical 2013

Default during dragging no preview

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

help me please, i have autocad mech 2013 in some dwgs conversions from other programs like me10 or solidworks, if i move, copy a blocks i don't see any preview the block with polylines disappear !!why? new block.dwg

i insert an example, you must try to copy a block, in my cad i don't see anything when i move, for see something i must put the width to 0

Computer Details
    Cad64's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Profesional x64
    Computer:
    XI Computers
    Motherboard:
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    CPU:
    Intel Core I7 3770K 4.1 Ghz Quad Core 3rd Gen
    RAM:
    24GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
    Graphics:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    SATAII 500GB 7200 RPM
    Secondary Storage:
    Western Digital My Book Studio Edition II - 2TB capacity
    Monitor:
    HPf2105 21" LCD Widescreen & Cintiq 21ux
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Cad64's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Freelance Digital Artist
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    3D model building, texturing and rendering. Photoshop Color Graphics.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2014

For some reason Autocad is not liking the blocks and polylines in your drawing. Must be something to do with the conversion from whatever program created them. The only way I can get a preview of what's being copied or moved is to edit a block and explode all the nested blocks and explode all the polylines. Once I break down the elements of the block to just lines, arcs and circles, I can save the block and then copy or move normally, with a preview. That may not be an ideal solution, but it's the best I can come up with.

One other thing. Why are your blocks so big? The diameter of the outer dashed circle is 321', and the block of the man is 146' tall.
    CGSociety Portfolio: http://rdeweese.cgsociety.org/
    Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/rdeweese67/

"Work Smart, Not Hard"

Using
    AutoCAD 2013
    At the confluence of worthlessness & invaluability

Quote Originally Posted by Cad64 View Post
    For some reason Autocad is not liking the blocks and polylines in your drawing. Must be something to do with the conversion from whatever program created them. The only way I can get a preview of what's being copied or moved is to edit a block and explode all the nested blocks and explode all the polylines. Once I break down the elements of the block to just lines, arcs and circles, I can save the block and then copy or move normally, with a preview. That may not be an ideal solution, but it's the best I can come up with.

One other thing. Why are your blocks so big? The diameter of the outer dashed circle is 321', and the block of the man is 146' tall.
    Interesting, when I open your drawing in Autocad 2013, the circle diameter is, as noted, 3500mms. The -dwgunits command reports the units as mms.
    The gentleman in question is about 1.75 meters tall, call it 70 inches, which doesn't seem entirely inappropriate.
    I haven't played around with the blocks yet, will report back shortly.

I suspect your results are different than mine Cad64, because of a setting in OPTIONS.
    The blocks are all unitless.
    I suspect that as you are in the States, and your Target Units are likely Imperial, as compared to my settings in the screenshot.
    I was able to copy and drag bits around, and they displayed, and copied accurately.
    Typically we work with Unitless blocks, and our default database units are mms.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dadgad; 22nd Mar 2017 at 08:15 am.
    Volume and repetition do not validate opinions forged in the absence of thought.

Using
    Mechanical 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cad64 View Post

I am very happy that this bug happen to you . The file was converted from me10 i think or solidworks. I don t know why the block are so Big . I usually work with tunnel formworks . A man is height usually 1700mm. I work with mmm.

Using
    Mechanical 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dadgad View Post
    Interesting, when I open your drawing in Autocad 2013, the circle diameter is, as noted, 3500mms. The -dwgunits command reports the units as mms.
    The gentleman in question is about 1.75 meters tall, call it 70 inches, which doesn't seem entirely inappropriate.
    I haven't played around with the blocks yet, will report back shortly.

I suspect your results are different than mine Cad64, because of a setting in OPTIONS.
    The blocks are all unitless.
    I suspect that as you are in the States, and your Target Units are Imperial, as compared to my settings in the screenshot.

I am Italian and live in Italy.

I was able to copy and drag bits around, and they displayed, and copied accurately.
    Typically we work with Unitless blocks, and our default database units are mms.
    because you can? what is the cause thath don't display the objects during copy,moving etc... not only for me but even for Cad64

Using
    Mechanical 2013

i check in user preferences and i use millimeters
    please see the first image the second i was wrong to upload sorry.
    in picture you see that near cursor i don't see the block

Attached Images

Using
    AutoCAD 2013
    At the confluence of worthlessness & invaluability

Might you be talking about the Dynamic Input tools display?
    Or Grips, sorry, I am unclear as to what you hope to see displayed.
    Your screenshots are very small,
    When you say Tooltip Toolbox it makes me think of either GRIP Hover display (which you can turn on in OPTIONS on the SELECTION tab), or Dynamic Input (which can be turned on by entering F12), or clicking on the unchecked DY?? icon at the bottom of your screen, beside the OTRACK icon.

I am not using Dynamic Input at the tooltip, just picking and clicking.

In my earlier post I was suggesting that Cad64 was seeing something different than me, because his units are likely Imperial.
    I just saw your response, about being Italian, and working presumably in Metric.
    Last edited by Dadgad; 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:30 am.
    Volume and repetition do not validate opinions forged in the absence of thought.

Using
    Mechanical 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dadgad View Post
    Might you be talking about the Dynamic Input tools display?
    Or Grips, sorry, I am unclear as to what you hope to see displayed.
    Your screenshots are very small,
    When you say Tooltip Toolbox it makes me think of either GRIP Hover display (which you can turn on in OPTIONS on the SELECTION tab), or Dynamic Input (which can be turned on by entering F12), or clicking on the unchecked DY?? icon at the bottom of your screen, beside the OTRACK icon.
    I am able to draw both Lines & Polylines with no problems.
    I am not using Dynamic Input at the tooltip, just picking and clicking.
    Excuse me very much i put the wrong image, the right image is the first in which i drag a object and don't see nothing
    Attached Images

Using
    Mechanical 2013

[QUOTE=Dadgad;681349] now i saw that i set the polyline width to 0.1 0.001 when move copy the polyline i don't see it so i suppose it is a bug!

Computer Details
    ReMark's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    Computer:
    Thinkmate
    Motherboard:
    Intel DX58SO2 LGA1366 X58
    CPU:
    Intel i7-960 Quad-core 3.20GHz 8MB cache
    RAM:
    12GB (3x4GB) PC3-106000 DDR3
    Graphics:
    nVidia Quadro K4200, 4GB GDDR5
    Primary Storage:
    150GB Velocipraptor 10,000 rpm
    Secondary Storage:
    none
    Monitor:
    Dell P24LLH - 24" wide screen LCD
    Discipline
    See details...
    ReMark's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    CAD Draftsman/Designer...chemical manufacturing.
    Discipline
    See details below.
    Details
    I work for a specialty chemical manufacturer. I do a little bit of everything from P&IDs to civil to architectural and structural.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Have you seen the same thing happen in other drawings?

Have your coworkers seen the same thing happening?

Have you read anywhere else of cad techs, using Mech 2013, having experienced similar problems?
    "I have only come here seeking knowledge. Things they wouldn't teach me of in college." The Police

Eat brains...gain more knowledge!

I'm now a full member of the Society for the Promotion of Mediocrity in CAD. Standards? We don't need no stinkin' standards! Take whatever advice I offer and do the opposite.