during dragging no preview

You are assuming it is a bug in Mech 2013. Test that theory. Open a new (blank) drawing and create a new block using polylines with a width set to .001 then copy/move and see what happens.

i just made as you told me. and this happen again! width 0.1 .whick version of autocad do you have?

i see if you change in visual style 2d wireframe to wireframe you can see the polylines when moving...i am very frustrated about this :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=60916&cid=1&stc=1

Immagine.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim78b

• ReMark

• Cad64

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see no reason for assigning a width of 0.1 as for all intents and purposes it could just as well be "0" and you wouldn't have a problem. In this case I think you are causing the problem.

oh you have right i never do poly with width 0.1!!! but a person i work with give me some drawings converted in me10 or solidworks and i become crazy to eplode blocks or reassign width 0!

It seems to me, as I said in the beginning, the problem is with the conversion, not Autocad. Tell the person who is converting these files that they need to check their export settings to make sure that Polyline width is set to 0, not .001. I'm sure there must be a setting for that.

he told me that the reason is because when plot in me10 the width 0 is not right !

he write me this:"0.001 The thickness is given to all lines otherwise when plot a4 or a3 lines are too big and do not understand anything"

but for me 0.001 is more larger than 0!

and i worked for another company and they had me10 but it never happen! so i hope it is a lost battle :(

Maybe this other person plots drawings with lineweights assigned to layers.

I used me10 and not remember thath in me10 there are layers. I think it is a specific setting. Even i have me10 but never had this problem

Well the two of you need to somehow straighten this out or you will have to learn to live with it. Imagine the worst case scenario and do the opposite.

Well the two of you need to somehow straighten this out or you will have to learn to live with it. Imagine the worst case scenario and do the opposite.

Yes sure .

However

I feel good here .what that in the Italian forum is not so very kind . In this forum you try to help me .And I appreciate that .

Dadgad, the OP is talking about seeing the objects as he's copying and moving them around on screen. Yes, after you copy and paste to a new location they do display correctly, but are you saying you can see them while you're copying them, while the Copy or Move command is still in progress? For instance, trying Moving the man block. Can you see the elements of the block as you're moving it, or only after you have completed the command?

Take a look at the screenshots below. The first one shows me trying to move the man block. As you can see, there is no preview of the block as I'm moving it. The second screenshot shows me moving the block after I edited it and exploded all the polylines.

As for the size issue, maybe it is as you said. I work in Imperial units so when I measure the man block, he measures 146' tall.

Cad64, your screenshot shows a lot more points from the outline of the man. Mine seems to be displaying sort of critical vertices, as opposed to whole lines, but enough that I can tell where it is.

I would approximate about 50 vertices, not enough that I would have any idea WHAT it is, if I didn't already know. It displays the same for Copy or Move. As per ReMark's suggestion, my polyline width is set to default.

is there a lisp to put all polylines even in blocks to width 0?

I don't have one, someone else may know of one, or be able to write one. :|

Whoops, when in doubt check Lee Mac out, how unlike me! :huh:

Edited by Dadgad

I don't have one, someone else may know of one, or be able to write one. :|

It would be very helpful in our case

i found one but don't work

I see now that i put dragmode ON i don't see anything while in this case i must see something when i move an object right?

i found a code but don't work

(defun c:polywidthzero ( / doc )

(vlax-for block (vla-get-blocks (setq doc (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object))))

(if (eq :vlax-false (vla-get-isxref block))

(vlax-for obj block

(if (eq "AcDbPolyline" (vla-get-objectname obj))

(vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-put-constantwidth (list obj 0.0))

)

)

)

)

(vla-regen doc acallviewports)

(princ)

)

(vl-load-com) (princ)

Edited by jim78b

I think that there may be too much processing work to update the screen whilst the cursor is in motion. There is a missing shape file, and perhaps AutoCAD is searching through all its known paths for a non-existing file, whenever the cursor moves by one pixel. A lot of processing.

When I was copying the block, it was quite a time with the cursor stationary (10 seconds) before the image regenerated.

I think that there may be too much processing work to update the screen whilst the cursor is in motion. There is a missing shape file, and perhaps AutoCAD is searching through all its known paths for a non-existing file, whenever the cursor moves by one pixel. A lot of processing.

When I was copying the block, it was quite a time with the cursor stationary (10 seconds) before the image regenerated.

I don 't understand what do You Mean. ..about the lisp code? Is there some person Who can make a lisp to convert width of the polylines in blocks to 0 ?

Forum member and lisp guru Lee Mac wrote such a routine and described it thus: "A quick one to set all LWPolyline Width to zero in all blocks and layouts."

Find it in this threadposted at the AUGI website. It is post #2.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?133428-Polyline-width-within-blocks

Addendum: I didn't realize the code I referenced was the same as that in post #35 since it was not attributed to Lee.

Edited by ReMark

Forum member and lisp guru Lee Mac wrote such a routine and described it thus: "A quick one to set all LWPolyline Width to zero in all blocks and layouts."

Find it in this threadposted at the AUGI website. It is post #2.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?133428-Polyline-width-within-blocks

is the same i posted before. i copy the code put in block notes and save as lisp is it right? but don't work try it

What do you mean you "put in block notes"?

Yes, it must be saved as a .lsp file then you use the APPLOAD command to load it.

Addendum. I just now tested Lee's lisp routine and it worked perfectly fine.