during dragging no preview

help me please, i have autocad mech 2013 in some dwgs conversions from other programs like me10 or solidworks, if i move, copy a blocks i don't see any preview the block with polylines disappear !!why? new block.dwg

i insert an example, you must try to copy a block, in my cad i don't see anything when i move, for see something i must put the width to 0

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim78b

• ReMark

• Cad64

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For some reason Autocad is not liking the blocks and polylines in your drawing. Must be something to do with the conversion from whatever program created them. The only way I can get a preview of what's being copied or moved is to edit a block and explode all the nested blocks and explode all the polylines. Once I break down the elements of the block to just lines, arcs and circles, I can save the block and then copy or move normally, with a preview. That may not be an ideal solution, but it's the best I can come up with.

One other thing. Why are your blocks so big? The diameter of the outer dashed circle is 321', and the block of the man is 146' tall.

For some reason Autocad is not liking the blocks and polylines in your drawing. Must be something to do with the conversion from whatever program created them. The only way I can get a preview of what's being copied or moved is to edit a block and explode all the nested blocks and explode all the polylines. Once I break down the elements of the block to just lines, arcs and circles, I can save the block and then copy or move normally, with a preview. That may not be an ideal solution, but it's the best I can come up with.

One other thing. Why are your blocks so big? The diameter of the outer dashed circle is 321', and the block of the man is 146' tall.

Interesting, when I open your drawing in Autocad 2013, the circle diameter is, as noted, 3500mms. The -dwgunits command reports the units as mms.

The gentleman in question is about 1.75 meters tall, call it 70 inches, which doesn't seem entirely inappropriate. :huh:

I haven't played around with the blocks yet, will report back shortly.

I suspect your results are different than mine Cad64, because of a setting in OPTIONS.

The blocks are all unitless.

I suspect that as you are in the States, and your Target Units are likely Imperial, as compared to my settings in the screenshot.

I was able to copy and drag bits around, and they displayed, and copied accurately.

Typically we work with Unitless blocks, and our default database units are mms.

Unitless blocks mm drawing units.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

I am very happy that this bug happen to you . The file was converted from me10 i think or solidworks. I don t know why the block are so Big . I usually work with tunnel formworks . A man is height usually 1700mm. I work with mmm.

Interesting, when I open your drawing in Autocad 2013, the circle diameter is, as noted, 3500mms. The -dwgunits command reports the units as mms.

The gentleman in question is about 1.75 meters tall, call it 70 inches, which doesn't seem entirely inappropriate. :huh:

I haven't played around with the blocks yet, will report back shortly.

I suspect your results are different than mine Cad64, because of a setting in OPTIONS.

The blocks are all unitless.

I suspect that as you are in the States, and your Target Units are Imperial, as compared to my settings in the screenshot.

I am Italian and live in Italy.

I was able to copy and drag bits around, and they displayed, and copied accurately.

Typically we work with Unitless blocks, and our default database units are mms.

because you can? what is the cause thath don't display the objects during copy,moving etc... not only for me but even for Cad64

i check in user preferences and i use millimeters

please see the first image the second i was wrong to upload sorry.

in picture you see that near cursor i don't see the block

attachment.php?attachmentid=60906&cid=1&stc=1

Immagine.jpg

Immagine2.jpg

Might you be talking about the Dynamic Input tools display?

Or Grips, sorry, I am unclear as to what you hope to see displayed.

Your screenshots are very small,

When you say Tooltip Toolbox it makes me think of either GRIP Hover display (which you can turn on in OPTIONS on the SELECTION tab), or Dynamic Input (which can be turned on by entering F12), or clicking on the unchecked DY?? icon at the bottom of your screen, beside the OTRACK icon.

I am not using Dynamic Input at the tooltip, just picking and clicking. :|

In my earlier post I was suggesting that Cad64 was seeing something different than me, because his units are likely Imperial.

I just saw your response, about being Italian, and working presumably in Metric.

Edited by Dadgad

attachment.php?attachmentid=60907&cid=1&stc=1

Might you be talking about the Dynamic Input tools display?

Or Grips, sorry, I am unclear as to what you hope to see displayed.

Your screenshots are very small,

When you say Tooltip Toolbox it makes me think of either GRIP Hover display (which you can turn on in OPTIONS on the SELECTION tab), or Dynamic Input (which can be turned on by entering F12), or clicking on the unchecked DY?? icon at the bottom of your screen, beside the OTRACK icon.

I am able to draw both Lines & Polylines with no problems.

I am not using Dynamic Input at the tooltip, just picking and clicking. :|

Excuse me very much i put the wrong image, the right image is the first in which i drag a object and don't see nothing

Immagine2.jpg

now i saw that i set the polyline width to 0.1 0.001 when move copy the polyline i don't see it so i suppose it is a bug!

Have you seen the same thing happen in other drawings?

Have your coworkers seen the same thing happening?

Have you read anywhere else of cad techs, using Mech 2013, having experienced similar problems?

Have you read anywhere else of cad techs, using Mech 2013, having experienced similar problems?

i start a new blank drawing and it happen .

in all drawings

i googled but nothing :( if you can help me i will be very grateful

i update my graphic drivers , i have an nvidia quadro k600

win7 64bit and autocad mech 2013

i reset even autocad!

Dadgad, the OP is talking about seeing the objects as he's copying and moving them around on screen. Yes, after you copy and paste to a new location they do display correctly, but are you saying you can see them while you're copying them, while the Copy or Move command is still in progress? For instance, trying Moving the man block. Can you see the elements of the block as you're moving it, or only after you have completed the command?

Take a look at the screenshots below. The first one shows me trying to move the man block. As you can see, there is no preview of the block as I'm moving it. The second screenshot shows me moving the block after I edited it and exploded all the polylines.

As for the size issue, maybe it is as you said. I work in Imperial units so when I measure the man block, he measures 146' tall.

Original.jpg

Exploded.jpg

Yes It happen in all drawings ..if you make a polyline with width 0.1 .only one People Who have 2011 of mechanical But He told me thath has never see it before :(.

And i search in Google But nothing

Dadgad, the OP is talking about seeing the objects as he's copying and moving them around on screen. Yes, after you copy and paste to a new location they do display correctly, but are you saying you can see them while you're copying them, while the Copy or Move command is still in progress? For instance, trying Moving the man block. Can you see the elements of the block as you're moving it, or only after you have completed the command?

Take a look at the screenshots below. The first one shows me trying to move the man block. As you can see, there is no preview of the block as I'm moving it. The second screenshot shows me moving the block after I edited it and exploded all the polylines.

As for the size issue, maybe it is as you said. I work in Imperial units so when I measure the man block, he measures 146' tall.

No i don t See any thing when copy or moving object in that drawing.

But why we must explode to see something during command ?

But why we must explode to see something during command ?

I just noticed something. I opened up the man block and checked the global width of the polylines. They are all set to .001. If I change that width to 0, the block can be copied and moved normally, with preview.

I just noticed something. I opened up the man block and checked the global width of the polylines. They are all set to .001. If I change that width to 0, the block can be copied and moved normally, with preview.

Yes i know it is the problem .But why out autocad 2013 do this ?

You are assuming it is a bug in Mech 2013. Test that theory. Open a new (blank) drawing and create a new block using polylines with a width set to .001 then copy/move and see what happens.