Recover fileformat in AutoCAD 2018

halam

Can someone conform that recovery of in AutoCAD release 2018 is new DWG 2018 fileformat (or not)? When i did some beta test i think i experienced it once but i'm not sure. Can fileformat of recover file be assigned?

Edited by halam

Well,.. since DWG 2018 is not backward compatible anymore my friend

i would like to know recover still works the way i would like it to..!

*EDIT .. DWG 2018 IS backward compatible ! My wrong understanding ..*

Edited by halam

No, I just got annoyed that's all. Don't worry, I recover quickly.

According to one source users of 2018 can save drawings back to the 2013 version. I have not confirmed that for myself as of yet.

So you don't understand the point, get annoyed.

I don't mind. So no conversion problems then , all is okidoki and fine.

"The DWG format has been updated to provide improvements in the efficiency of open and save operations, especially for drawings that contain many annotative objects and viewports. Additionally, 3D solid and surface creation is now using the newest geometric modeler which has improved security and stability."

But how *EXACTLY* do AutoCAD users benefit using the file format? straight forward *Examples please! * .. To help me from the feeling this format was just brought in for marketing reasons working through verticals, help me persue me to use DWG 2018 fileformat if you can..

Edited by halam