Rubo

Hi, I need help redesigning this in AutoCAD Fuzion 360

I'm trying to focus, but there's so much bustle, & as if an upheaval, due to rapport, no one wants to let me focus on my goal. It's a web shooter by the way.

17425132_1367595896594863_5292697465335160570_n.jpg

Thanks in advance:)

How much experience do you have creating 3D models?

How much experience do you have using Fusion 360?

What are your ideas about redesigning the apparatus shown above? If you cannot articulate those ideas you won't be able to redesign it.

Is this a class project?

How much experience do you have creating 3D models?

How much experience do you have using Fusion 360?

What are your ideas about redesigning the apparatus shown above? If you cannot articulate those ideas you won't be able to redesign it.

Is this a class project?

Hi, Thanks for replying:)

I have average experience using Fusion 360/creating 3D models, I can Sketch, Create, Modify, Move things around, etc.

I want to redesign into a more efficient model, ideally metal.

This is not a class project, it's a Personal Project.

So what kind of help are you seeking? Be specific.

Here is what I'm trying to make:

wbd.jpg

Here is a more realistic example of how:

rough_diagram.png

The above diagram is that of a stencil combined with strainer to create a spinneret, a motor bond to the bottom of a medicine bottle by say glue, the bottle wrapped with teflon tape, and connected to the Cartridge (Comprised of a box within a block, with a torus opening blocked by a sphere, and then a cap/nozzle to finish the cartridge) on a hinge. All inside a pipe, which connects back to the cartridge,linked to a brace on my forearm.

For a mock-up what you describe would probably be suitable but don't you want to design and ultimately build something a little more finished (i.e. - professional looking) both in design and fabrication? Maybe even something that could be 3D printed?

Personally, I'd sit down with a pad of graph paper, pencil and eraser and work out each component leaving out such things as medicine bottles, glue and tape. Give some thought/consideration as to how this device could be manufactured and assembled (so it doesn't fly apart the first time it is used).

For a mock-up what you describe would probably be suitable but don't you want to design and ultimately build something a little more finished (i.e. - professional looking) both in design and fabrication? Maybe even something that could be 3D printed?

Personally, I'd sit down with a pad of graph paper, pencil and eraser and work out each component leaving out such things as medicine bottles, glue and tape. Give some thought/consideration as to how this device could be manufactured and assembled (so it doesn't fly apart the first time it is used).

Well, I didn't mean medicine bottle par say, just an example of the shape I need there. I was hoping you might help me with this project on AutoCAD so I don't have to go through all those choppy menus :ouch:

I gave you the schematics so that you could possibly sketch a CAD file for me to print, now that you get how it's composed (I'm guessing).

So you have changed your mind and want to do this in plain AutoCAD not in Fusion 360. OK.

I really don't have a full/clear understanding of the components. The image above the sketch is too small to be of any use and your rudimentary sketch leaves out a lot of detail. I've helped someone here, in the past, with a project that was done completely in 3D but he provided a lot more detail along with actual dimensions and material thicknesses. It took a fair amount of my free time and a lot of back and forth. FYI - this is not the sort of work I do on a daily basis although I like to think I'm pretty good when it comes to 3D models.

So you have changed your mind and want to do this in plain AutoCAD not in Fusion 360. OK.

I really don't have a full/clear understanding of the components. The image above the sketch is too small to be of any use and your rudimentary sketch leaves out a lot of detail. I've helped someone here, in the past, with a project that was done completely in 3D but he provided a lot more detail along with actual dimensions and material thicknesses. It took a fair amount of my free time and a lot of back and forth. FYI - this is not the sort of work I do on a daily basis although I like to think I'm pretty good when it comes to 3D models.

Hey, there's no rush. I did want to do it in Fuzion 360, but again, I can wait - Take as long as you need. I have all the time in the world:) Also, I can give you my measurements if you'd like

I'm willing to help. If I want a job to do all by myself I'm sure my wife can suggest a dozen for starters.

To be honest, this job is really above me at this point. I went the length to make physical a fictional device, only because I have an extensive understanding of Science. But now I'm mentally drained. I want to be a Webslinger, the first, but this is Life not some movie, it's time to pass down the torch if I want to stay in reality. Not so much a SuperHero, but an Antihero since, I'm no vigilante. You may ask yourself how I plan on emulating the Spider-Man's ability, well that's just my little secret;) (working on a device that manipulates the work from beta brainwaves over time, to produce psionic power, called a Teletrac™)

At this point, all I can hope for is that understands my layout & can replicate it, sort of like a Team, because again, this project has left me mentally drained. I'm a skateboarder practicing for 5 years since getting out of highschool hoping to go pro, it took me 5 years to create the prototype you see above.

If it's not against the rules, maybe we can connect through rdp or something & you can walk me through. I'll show you some more advanced schematics in private if you'd like (Because, you know, safety issues).

I'm assuming you have seen videos on YouTube of "web shooters". Is this what you are referring to when you say Webslinger? Note that most of these devices are much smaller than your mockup and they are intended to be worn on one's wrist.

You state you're "mentally drained" at this point. Are you sure you want to take on such a project at this time?

I have corresponded in various ways with other forum members outside the confines of the public forum. It is not against the rules. And I am able to keep a confidence. The last project I assisted on was for a device someone was attempting to get a patent on. I did not share any information that was exchanged between us with anyone else. To do so would be a serious breach of professional ethics in my opinion.

I'm assuming you have seen videos on YouTube of "web shooters". Is this what you are referring to when you say Webslinger? Note that most of these devices are much smaller than your mockup and they are intended to be worn on one's wrist.

You state you're "mentally drained" at this point. Are you sure you want to take on such a project at this time?

I have corresponded in various ways with other forum members outside the confines of the public forum. It is not against the rules. And I am able to keep a confidence. The last project I assisted on was for a device someone was attempting to get a patent on. I did not share any information that was exchanged between us with anyone else. To do so would be a serious breach of professional ethics in my opinion.

Well that is a load off my mind. Yes I am ready to proceed with this project, just not alone. Doing so in my opinion is just childish the way I see it. Life is a big epiphany - I appreciate help. I want to send you the rest of the schematics, do I need to add you?

That process can be initiated only if one of us shares a personal email address or you have enough posts (ten I think) to PM a forum member.

That process can be initiated only if one of us shares a personal email address or you have enough posts (ten I think) to PM a forum member.

I'll try to get to 10 posts I imagine - 2 left. I could post the schematics, if you think they're safe here.

That would be entirely up to you and what you are personally comfortable with.

Just to be entirely clear. I can't work exclusively on your project as I have a job and a 100+ year old house that keeps me busy enough as it is. I expect you to work on it as well with advice and assistance from me as needed. Expect plenty of questions and the occasional suggestion. I may even be critical at times as I am, by nature, a bit of a stickler. If you can't stand the heat don't come near the kitchen. Understand?

Yeah man I have a house too- Inventing is technically my full-time job, just graduated highschool five years ago. I am ready to work & will take instructions as given, as well as follow them promptly. I will cooperate for this occasion.