Copy to clipboard failed error

Eng Michael

Hi colleagues,

I find an issue with copying/cutting a part/whole of my Autocad drawings and pasting it to another Autocad drawing of the same version (Autocad 2016). Each time I try copying, Autocad returns the message "Copy to clipboard failed." Anyone with a solution will be much appreciated.

First I would run an AUDIT on both drawings to see if there are any errors. After that, if the problem still persists, I would close down Autocad and restart.

First I would run an AUDIT on both drawings to see if there are any errors. After that, if the problem still persists, I would close down Autocad and restart.

Hi Cad64.

Thank you for the reply. I tried running an Audit and fixed some errors, restarted Autocad but the problem still persists.

Some one advised I use the proxygraphics command to create the whole objects I want to copy as a block but that option doesn't seem good to what I want to do. I am basically trying to copy and title block I created in the model space to the layout space.