Blocks and text styles autocad mep 2017

Hello,

I am having this issue with text inside a block we have been using forever. I am using romanS text. For the most part I never used to have issues with it. but once in a while now when we have it in some drawings the text font becomes thick. I checked the style of the text and all the settings look the same as the style in the drawing that it looks fine in. What are some things that could be causing these issues?

Thanks, Jess

Lineweight most likely. I would avoid using any text style since the next person editing that drawing may not care for romanS. You could explode the text or use mtext with the style overriden so changing the style would not affect it. To avoid the lineweight issue use a TrueType font.

I looked into the lineweight. i don't think that's the problem? I can take the block out of this drawing and paste it into another and the text thickness goes away. What other settings within the drawing itself would cause this problem?.... And yes tombu, i've been told before that we should start using true type fonts. Just a matter of spending the time to change all our blocks.

If the Text Style in both drawings are set to the same font I'd guess the lineweight of the layer it was inserted on in the other drawing was smaller.

If the lineweight of the text in the block is set to byblock setting the block's lineweight to 0.0 should fix it.

If the lineweight of the text in the block is set to bylayer setting the block layer's lineweight to 0.0 should fix it.

If that doesn't fix it attach the block so we can test it.

I've tried many different things but nothing seems to work. one thing that was close was the flatten command but the text fell out of the circle. i'm sure i can globally fix everythig from there but i'm more curious what is causing it in the first place...I put the file in a dropbox folder. can you access it from the link?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pzv8q79wisjz4d0/AAB1R2Ve2l5W8ZFma9qpRUwqa?dl=0

Thanks, Jess

In your CTB file what lineweight is (5)blue assigned to? That's what determines the lineweight.

I would also recommend all objects in the block be set to byblock instead of bylayer. As it is even changing the block to another layer the attribute stays on the layer it was inserted on. Set to byblock it takes on the properties of the layer it's changed to or even use the Properties Palette or color drop-down to change the color.

Edited by tombu
added info

the lineweight for blue is set to .45. when i plot the outside line comes out thick like i want it but the text comes out very light. if i copy and paste the block to a new drawing the font does not have the thickness and it plots out dark like its supposed to....i tried changing the lineweights. i also tried changing all objects in the block to by block. the font still stays thick and prints very light...why does the font stay skinny in some drawings and get bold in others?

the lineweight for blue is set to .45. when i plot the outside line comes out thick like i want it but the text comes out very light. if i copy and paste the block to a new drawing the font does not have the thickness and it plots out dark like its supposed to....i tried changing the lineweights. i also tried changing all objects in the block to by block. the font still stays thick and prints very light...why does the font stay skinny in some drawings and get bold in others?

So we now know where the 0.45 lineweight came from so if you change the block to another layer the attribute stays on the layer it was inserted on. After switching everything set to bylayer to byblock for all the block objects and saving on exit from the block editor you have to run ATTSYNC and select the block to take effect.

While that should fix the thickness the width factor that was set for the attribute is gone. Edit the attribute to set the width back to 0.75 of course you may have to do that for every insertion. Of course with the Swiss721 Lt BT TrueType font no width factor is necessary.

Thanks for you help Tombu! resetting everything in the block editor and doing the Attsync worked!... I did not have any luck with the lsp routine. did you try it on the block i had posted?

Thanks for you help Tombu! resetting everything in the block editor and doing the Attsync worked!... I did not have any luck with the lsp routine. did you try it on the block i had posted?

Attsync reset the attribute width to one when I tried it and the copy of that lisp which I've had for years worked without changing the width. I've had the lisp for many years so the one online may have been modified. I noticed there was two versions of it up there and saw another similar lisp with another name. Lot of code there, but unorganized and without descriptions.

Glad you got it fixed!