Hole Wizard

gigi

Hello,

I am new to solid works and I am having trouble with a hole wizard part. Any help will be appreciated. I will attach a image of what I'm having trouble with, I cant get the dimensions I need. The hole should be made using hole wizard, linear pattern, & mirror, which i know how to do but cant get the dimensions right. Thanks

sw.png

what are the dimensions supposed to be? That says you have 8 holes that are 5mm diameter and down 11mm, then adds the tapped note. what is it supposed to be?

Gigi, i still don't follow whats wrong. That looks like a sample part for the CSWP exam right? I am curious as to why you say your dimensions are wrong. The last few images you tried to attach don't show. What you attached originally, was that your part or from the sample?

The screen shot shows that you have added a tolerance to your hole that shouldn't be there. You have +- 0.25. You should be able to take what you have and do a linear pattern with a distance of 40mm along the construction line you have. Then make a midplane(depending on how you modeled it you might not need to create a plane) and mirror the "seed" and the 3 patterned holes.