Draw a Retaining Wall AUTOCAD2016

lianli34312

Hi everyone,

What i want to do is draw a retaining wall on the plan, and i want to make it a linestyle, but i failed to do so, instead i have just create a hidden line when i try to use my linestyle:unsure:

Anybody can teach me how to do so?

Image 6.png

It could be done using Express Tools commands Make Shape and Make Linetype.

A quick example I just mocked up using the commands.

RetWallLTYPE.jpg

It could be done using Express Tools commands Make Shape and Make Linetype.

A quick example I just mocked up using the commands.

[ATTACH]60938[/ATTACH]

can you upload your linestyle for us to reference ?:)

Welcome to CADTutor lianli34312. :)

Give a man a fish, he'll be back tomorrow.

Teach a man to fish and he will be gone all weekend out on a boat drinking beer with his friends.

I suspect that ReMark would be much happier showing you the way, which he has, by mentioning which Express Tools will enable you to do this within a few minutes tops of trial an error. We are always much happier to help, and teach, than to do anothers work, and thus perpetuate the inability.

Give it a try, you already have just about everything you need.

If you are unable to figure it out, then come back and ask for additional input. :|

Hi everyone,

What i want to do is draw a retaining wall on the plan, and i want to make it a linestyle, but i failed to do so, instead i have just create a hidden line when i try to use my linestyle:unsure:

Anybody can teach me how to do so?

I taught an online course on that in 2003, but AutoCAD help covers it pretty well. That triangle will require either a shape or a text style reference. Even though it's a scale we rarely use set a blank drawing at 1:1 while testing linetypes so the units in the definition match close to what's on the screen. Keep in mind AutoCAD adjusts the linetypes to fit the line so draw the line longer than you need and just zoom in to see if the pattern looks like what you want.

Home now, but I may already have one like that at work.

I created the linetype using the two commands referenced in my first post. The shape consisted of a series of three lines that looked something like this....

------------^

The long line was one unit in length. The two short lines making up the caret-like shape were .25 units in length. The distance from endpoint to endpoint at the bottom of each of those two lines was also .25 units.

I'm not on my CAD computer at the moment. If I get a chance later I will fire it up and attach a copy of the linetype to a subsequent post.

I created the linetype using the two commands referenced in my first post. The shape consisted of a series of three lines that looked something like this....

------------^

The long line was one unit in length. The two short lines making up the caret-like shape were .25 units in length. The distance from endpoint to endpoint at the bottom of each of those two lines was also .25 units.

I'm not on my CAD computer at the moment. If I get a chance later I will fire it up and attach a copy of the linetype to a subsequent post.

I think i have did the job:shock:But why my linestyle seems to have some orientation problem..........:cry: I create this by drawing a continuous line with a "^" character on the top created with MTEXT

fail.png

One possibility is the direction that the line was drawn in (counterclockwise vs. clockwise) will sometimes affect the outcome.

Try adding this Linetype Definition:

*Triangle, Triangle__/_\_/_\__/_\_/_\_/_\_/_\__
A,1,[TRACK1,ltypeshp,r=150,s=.09,y=0.079],0.09,[TRACK1,ltypeshp,r=30,s=.09,y=0.079],1

lianli: Has the question been answered to your satisfaction or do you need further assistance? Did you try either of the two solutions posted by tombu previously?

• 3 weeks later...