to make a DWG , from an XLS, by VBA , from the VBA editor at xls

devitg

I have a:

1st

xls with columns block-name att1-tag to attn-tag could be about 15 att. and columns ,at the same row with att-values. last colummn to set order number or empty , to insert the block. All data at the same row

2nd

a dwt template , modelspace empty

the block collection at Adoc

all features by user

3rd Populate the modelsapce with blocks in a row as wide has paper space wide , and a line conecting each block with subsecuent block .

It´s kind of a unifilar circuit , no branchs

4th save as phat/project.dwg

Hope it is clear

5th print the dwg as pdf file

6th Open the pdf file

The user will never manipulate the dwg , it is a commercial person , no ACAD skill.

Hope it is clear

Or at least I need to see xls-VBA to dwg from XLS , NOT acad-VBA to dwg.

I´m proficient in VLISP, I want to start in this new task.

Thank in advance

Its a project in my mind , not materialized neither in XLS and DWT

I just want to know if it is possible , and the first step on XLS VBA to ACAD .

Off course the user station hold XLS, it´s ACAD VBA complements , and ACAD,

Thanks in advance.

The longest journey, start with the first step, No matter how short the step is.

Three ways

Write a script inside excel using VBA.

Or write a csv file of the data then using the commands line by line. Get the convert a csv to a list by Lee-Mac. Will make life easier.

3rd is do a direct read from excel of the cell values get a copy of Getexel.lsp it has all the functions you need.

Lastly you can use a Lisp to plot the result.

Me 2nd method only because I have all the bits of code to patch together.

Let us know which way you want to go.

Hi Bigal, as I state at the post

The user will never manipulate the dwg , it is a commercial person , no ACAD skill.

As so , ACAD , shall not be handled

Or maybe do a DOS macro to open the acad session , and execute the script, it seem to be some a DOS command , I do not know how to do it .

I will take a look at Getexel.lsp .

Thanks

If you can teach them the real basics open Auocad with a preferred template, do this by using a desktop icon with the correct defualt dwt, and then get them to type in the one lisp command. The rest should happen automatically.

If you want to go down the custom desktop icon look at the properties of the acad icon "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\acad.exe" /P > you can force a dwg to be opened. Pretty sure you can force a script to run also. Autocad can control excel so it could do the save as csv step. Just make a copy of your default icon.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Startup-switches-for-AutoCAD.html