Cad Mep vs Cad full standard

ROBP

When file is saved with Cad Mep will the Cad standard without Mep user be able to open the dwg file and edit the drawing or it will be impossible and it wont open as dwg?

Thanks

R

You're using a vertical product (i.e. - AutoCAD MEP) and the person you are sharing the file with is using plain AutoCAD right?

Yes Cad Mep will be installed in the next few days on the new lappy just purcahsed and all other users are with cad full and standard LT exact

You're using a vertical product (i.e. - AutoCAD MEP) and the person you are sharing the file with is using plain AutoCAD right?

Also very anxious to see how will the quadro card K5100M will react along with the I7 4.0 ghz CPU

Is this AutoCAD MEP, or Autodesk Fabrication CADmep? There is a difference.

If it's truly CADmep, then object enablers are needed:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fabrication-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-fabrication-cadmep-2017-object-enabler.html

If it's AutoCAD MEP, object enablers are needed which are usually installed automatically through the Autodesk Desktop App.

And your K5100M will be fine, but it'll still buckle under CADmep once the file size gets to a moderate level.

-TZ

I suspect the person opening the drawing using plain AutoCAD will see a message about proxy objects. For more information read this...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/AutoCAD-LT/files/GUID-6515268E-3D71-4CBC-8D3C-2059CFAA4E38-htm.html

Noted at least they will be able to view it that was my main concern.

Thanks for you reply much appreciated

Best

R

Is this AutoCAD MEP, or Autodesk Fabrication CADmep? There is a difference.

If it's truly CADmep, then object enablers are needed:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fabrication-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-fabrication-cadmep-2017-object-enabler.html

If it's AutoCAD MEP, object enablers are needed which are usually installed automatically through the Autodesk Desktop App.

And your K5100M will be fine, but it'll still buckle under CADmep once the file size gets to a moderate level.

-TZ

CadMep not fab cad mep

Enablers they will get even if they dont have to edit at least they will be able to open the file to view as dwg that was my concern

As for the card even if it does buckle at least it will be better than one on the old lappy

was archaic but did preform well with cad standard

Thanks for your reply tz

much appreciated

Let me point out that you did ask about editing the drawing using plain AutoCAD in your initial post.

Indeed my mistake sorry

but they will be able to open at least to get a view and add notes i hope that was my main concern