i need help turning this object into a solid

wezzo18

use the orbit function to look around the object

I did but it is a wireframe which I did not construct so deciphering it is a bit problematic. Typically cad techs drawing something in 3D will use solids or surfaces so when the objects are viewed in Conceptual or Realistic visual styles one can get a better sense of what they are looking at. Neither of those visual styles work in the case of a wireframe model especially one where everything is draw on the same layer and in the same color. I'm not a mind reader either.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wezzo18

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let's back up a second.

What are you drawing?

What are the two objects supposed to be in the last drawing you posted?

When I measure distances on any of your objects they are quite small. Are the objects drawn full size or did you draw them "to scale" as one might do on a drafting board?

Are you working in imperial or metric units?

i am using units. the scale is 0.001 = 1 mm. if you go search on the internet door grille frame you shall see what i am talking about. i have a side view of what that corner piece is. the corner piece is two separate pieces put together but i have trimmed it to make it easier for me.

let me send you the side view of what i am drawing

So when I measured a line and AutoCAD reported back to me it was 0.009 units long in reality it is 9mm? Why didn't you just use a metric template instead?

After I got rid of the one overlapping object I was able to extrude the side view using the PressPull command.

It appears you created the grille or louver as a 3D solid so why didn't you do the same with the other objects in your drawing?

i have done everything i cane but i cant seem to get that corner piece. if you can some how make that corner piece for me i can use it to finish my product

Please define what is the corner piece you are referring to. Is it the one I posted an image of previously (post #15)?

What is the function of the corner piece?

Where exactly does the corner piece fit on the grille?

basically what i am going to do is that that piece and add it to the grille or louver frame. from there i am going finish the door grille

If you would just answer the three questions I previously asked that would at least be of some help. I'll probably have at least as many questions regarding the corner piece itself.

Please don't start duplicate threads, all the same people will see them, it just clutters up the forum, and gets confusing to those forum members who are kind enough to try and help you. :|

it is hard to explain to you over constantly messaging you because what i need is difficult

You can't answer the last three questions I asked? Is the corner piece something you have seen on another website? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

BTW...who drew the 3D grille?

it is hard to explain to you over constantly messaging you because what i need is difficult

Help us to help you wezzo. :huh:

ReMark's post count speaks volumes to how far he is willing to go to help people he has never met from the global cad community. :beer:

You need to be prepared to explain it, if you want anyone to help you.

ReMark, not sure if you noticed there is one 3D Solid outlier, in this last dwg he posted.

I've not followed the whole thread, late to the party.

Dadgad: I have not had an opportunity to look at the most recent drawing posted. It could be a copy of a drawing I posted earlier that did include a 3D model with some additional information. I just don't know at this point. I'll have an opportunity to view the drawing in the next 30 minutes. Time now is 6:00 a.m. on the east coast of the U.S.

Alright. I downloaded and opened the drawing that was attached to post #26 name Corner3.dwg. The only 3D model is the grille. All the other objects use either 3D polylines (to create wireframes) or lines (2D profile).

Edited by ReMark