set layout scale taking long time...

samifox

im not using network

since im working the first half of the day in office, and the other half in the house, i use Dropbox on C , than when the project ends i'm syncing it back to the network.

i also check the LookAt and Save Path of the xref, none of them look for resource on the network.

what im doing

opening layout2, set the scale to a fix scale, set 1:1, than autocad freeze for long time. at home, the i can set the scale, and autocad responds, but after it finish zooming, autocad freezes for long time.

my pc spec

at office we have i3, 8 RAM, gta630 as display card.

at home im using Z210 workstation, double Xeon i5,Quadro K600, 16 gigs of RAM.

as a general note, when working on the network, im taking into account how the speed is affected, but in this case, when i work locally, i wonder whats going on.

thanks

S

It is real simple to test, UNPLUG from the network (by network, I also mean the Internet) and see if you get any messages. You seem reluctant to follow any sort of information to help YOU sort YOUR problem, we are all volunteering OUR time to Help YOU, please attempt the steps that you are being offered.

There have been some complaints of Dropbox causing a slowdown or sluggishness in the past, this could also be a problem.

I can't access your file from work, can you post any of them locally to CADTutor?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samifox

• ReMark

• SLW210

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic