dwg convert problem

jim78b

hello i have autocad mech 2013 and today try dwgconvert to convert a drawing in 200 format , i found thet the dwg converted was not in 2000 format!!! why?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jim78b

• ReMark

• SLW210

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did you determine that the converted drawing was not in 2000 file format?

because i use notepad and saw it and then I sent it to a person who does not open

Why did you use DWGconvert? Can't you do a "saveas" in MEP 2013?

Did you see this in the header.....

SECTION

HEADER

$ACADVER

AC1015

If not what designation did you see?

Edited by ReMark

yes i use dwg convert to convert many drawings. with save as i can save one at a time only.

i see ac1024...

ac1024? That would be 2009 which seems odd.

So how many drawings did you batch convert and of those how many were successful and how many were failures?

What exactly do you have setup for file converting in DWG TrueView? I am not having any problems here converting to 2000.

Show an image of the convert screen.

What exactly do you have setup for file converting in DWG TrueView? I am not having any problems here converting to 2000.

Show an image of the convert screen.

I use autocad mech 2013 . Now I am not at home to post an image sorry. However I use The 2000 conversion but i think the cause id that is acad mech .

Remark, converting the drawing is the proper way to do this. Using save as does not convert the newer objects and features to usable entities which could cause problems when opening the file in older versions. The conversion process takes care of those objects.

You alternative probably won't give satisfactory results. This is a general rule of thumb when making files usable in older versions. It is not version or vertical specific. In fact, IMHO, the option to save as older versions shouldn't even be there as it only really works under certain circumstances.

Considering this is posted in General Forum, one would be lead to believe the OP was using DWGConvert from DWG Trueview, which actually does work for me and AFAIK is the same DWGConvert in AutoCAD Mechanical.

If the OP is using AutoCAD Mechanical, then this thread belongs in the Mechanical & MDT Forum, not sure where the MEP 2013 reference is coming from.

Maybe you can post a file that isn't converting for you. I have saved down Mechanical drawings before, shouldn't make a difference except for proxy objects.

Are you trying to open them in an older Mechanical or Vanilla AutoCAD?

You're correct about it belonging in general and the OP needs to verify the settings used for the conversion wether he is using DTV or using AutoCAD's built in converter, which are actually the same thing.

You are all so Kind thanks for help me ...I use dwg convert because i had 10 drawings to convert . I use mechanical and not vanilla. I conferm that dwg convert don t convert in 2000 version so i used save as one at a time for each dwgs

original ac1027.dwgnow i attach the original file (i see the version with notepad and write the version in the name of the file) and then the dwg converted.

for my disappoint the converted file is a ac1027 version the same of the original. i want convert in in 2000 with dwg convert but anything!attachment.php?attachmentid=60990&cid=1&stc=1

converted ac1027.dwg

dwgconv.jpg

dwgconv.jpg