Unknown command "CUI"

mjab8

Autocad 2017 SP1, Windows 7 Prof. SP1

When I now enter CUI on the command line or pick from menu/ribbon, I am getting Unknown command CUI error. Not long ago I have installed Autocad 2017 SP1 and install some Autocad Apps. I used to be able to go into cui to customize my menu.

Those apps adds more path to the 'Support File Search Path' and 'Working Support File' search path. I have tried removing those new path but issue persist. In the option, my 'Demand load ObjectARX apps is set 'Object detect and command invoke'.

Please advise and thanks.

mjab8

If you show the menu bar at the top of your screen, and click TOOLS, at the bottom of that list you will likely find a CUSTOMIZE drop down menu, where you can select INTERFACE.

At least you can in 2013, not sure if that will help or not, but it might. Hope it does. :)

I figured that would likely be the case, but still worth a shot, to be sure.

Try CUILOAD command, it may shed some light on your problem.

Presumably you will see that ACAD has already been loaded, if not, BROWSE to it, and select and load it.

You will probably have to try Resetting to Defaults or run a Repair on AutoCAD, when did this start? Maybe you can go to a Windows Restore Point? If those do not work maybe a Reinstall of AutoCAD is necessary.

Can you start AutoCAD with a switch to load a different profile? Use Options to import another profile maybe from a coworker? Does (findfile "ACAD.cuix") find it, if not it's probably the support paths.

Tried all that, resetting to default, repair and redefine cui, use co-worker acad.cuix but still fail.

Reinstall is probably my last option unless someone have a solution.

Thanks guys.

I did not try restore point coz it will restore back about a month.

Unfortunately I had this issue couple of months ago. What more if restore point, it will remove my Script-pro application.

Any other suggestion? Thanks

You never mentioned what apps you are running, other than Script Pro, so it's kind of difficult to troubleshoot the issue, but it sounds like one, or more, of them is causing the problem.

If the Repair didn't fix the problem then I don't think you have much of a choice but to uninstall all the apps and then do a clean uninstall of Autocad and then reinstall. Then install each app, one at a time, and after each installation, check to make sure everything is still working ok. If you get to a point where everything stops working correctly, then you will know that the last app you installed is the problem.

You will probably have to try Resetting to Defaults or run a Repair on AutoCAD, when did this start? Maybe you can go to a Windows Restore Point? If those do not work maybe a Reinstall of AutoCAD is necessary.

I gave you all of the steps to fix it. Though if this has happened before, you need to find out what you are doing to cause this. I doubt if any of the APPs are causing this problem, though possible, since you admit to manipulating the CUI, I would say it is the CAD operator. If it is an APP, then checking the comments on the APPs web page should show others with the same problem, if not follow the steps given by Cad64.

• 1 year later...

Autodesk's customization hotfix replaced the below listed files. Rolling back the update fixed the problem for me. Good luck out there.

 AcCui.dll

 AcCustomize.dll

 AcSeamless.dll