Using the DDPTYPE command for control of Points - AutoCad 2000

Hi - I wish to be able to use two different styles of DDPTYPE points within the same drawing in order to have distinguishing points on different levels. When however the style is changed for one level, the system also changes that for the other despite the fact that the second level has been locked. Is there a way around this?

I believe that the setting is global which means that even if you freeze a layer with points on it and then change the style the points will match the last style selected.

Edited by ReMark

Like RobDraw a simple lisp, method is "ssget" using "Point" & "your level" for search criteria, then insert a block at the point location. No code as I don't know what "differing levels" is.

An example of what I have in mind is to have one object using a plain circle style point at size 0.05% Abs whilst a second object on the same drawing to use the same style of point but at size 0.10% Abs. Hope this helps

Think of it this way. No two objects can occupy the same space at the same time. The SIZE of a point is set GLOBALLY just like the STYLE of a point. Take RobDraw's advice and "use blocks instead."

Stanier your missing the point, that is a pun "Differing levels" what is this a layer name, a height etc.

; layer example all points on Mylayer
(setq ss (ssget "x" (list (cons 0 "Point")(cons 8 "mylayer"))))
; just do insert block now at the point