Blocks in Paperspace or Viewports??

jmos4

Hi all,

I have a vendor drawing that shows nothing in model space, in paper space is geometry and title blocks, but the part geometry is not selectable, yet if I do a DDInsert I can insert each part geometry view, so I am totally perplexed on what I need to do to simply copy the files out into model space.

I have QSelected the viewports and nothing is frozen in the file.

I normally don't work in paper space so this is new to me and really haven't seen this before.

Regards,

Hi,

I wish I could, but its proprietary, but its the weirdest thing, the drawing/paper space has all the parts in it, just nothing in model space, when you list the drawing it gives you so many items that are not in current space and 1 object was the paper space viewport, not sure if that helps but this is what its telling me.

Regards,

Listen, we need just enough of the drawing that we can visualize the problem. Delete the "top secret" stuff and save under a new name then attach to a post. One drawing is worth about one thousand words right about now and I bet neither of us are that verbose. LOL

Hi again,

I would but that is the issue, I can't select it let alone delete items.

attached is a image of drawing, the blueish items are the ones I can select and explode the part image is just that a image, yet if I insert a block I can get that piece or sheet image.

Regards,

Paperspace block.jpg

Hi again,

Yes that was the first thing I tried, along with making sure all the layers were thawed and on. Best I can figure the blocks are in viewports in paper space and I have no idea on how to extract the geometry from them as I can not select them.

Regards,

The geometry may very well be inserted (attached cross references) images or even pdf documents. Select window EVERYTHING on a layout tab, open PROPerties and check the list of items selected for xref's, or groups, blocks, and other troublemakers.