how to draw a line @ same angle but...

hi all,

I've searched in google but no precise answers to the following:

I have a line at an angle that i don't know, i want to extend this line to a point of my preference ( no specific coordinates, but where i see it fit on the screen) but i want to extend it in a way that has the same direction of the line i'm extending from...

I know that i could check the angle of that first line and draw the new line at the same angle, but iwant to do it in this other way... without checking the angle and drawing a new line, i want to extend a previous one at the same angle

thanks!

The command you are looking for is EXTEND. Read and follow the commandline prompts.

Alternately, you could use the SCALE command, and define your BASE POINT as the end which you want to stay where it is.

once again, read the commandline prompts.

If you want a specific length just draw a circle then extend

BIGAL's circle is a good idea. I would go to where i want to extend the line to --> draw a line(in the opposite direction of the line i want to extend) -- then use the extend command. Just like BIGAL said.

Edited by welldriller
add informaton

There are so many good, and different ways to skin a cat in Autocad.

I use circles quite a bit like BIGAL suggested, for all kinds of different things. :beer:

There are also a number of useful options available in DYNAMIC INPUT settings, as shown in the screenshot.

another way to go with dynamic input options.jpg

Possibly use the command LENGTHEN with the DYnamic option.

Interesting, I have NEVER used this command, and with the commandline options of Total and Dynamic, pretty useful! :beer: