block doesn't change color...

cat3appr

hi all,

Yes I know, I've already googled around and I'm aware that I should edit a block in block editor and have it in layer zero.... still, it doesn't work...

See this attached chart,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B12JygCn5zCmaFhFQlctRWRxalE

i need to make a duplicate of the cyan block and place it in a different layer and give it a different color, magenta...

when i edit it in block editor, i don't have the option to save it as a new block... i can just rewrite on the old one... what is it that i'm missing ?

Words to CAD by...when in doubt, check Lee Mac out.

http://www.lee-mac.com/copyblock.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

thanks :) well i loaded the lisp, i managed to change name and color of the block, so now i have 2 blocks in the block editor, ... but guess what? i inserted the new block , and now i magically have only the new block :D:D:D the previous one disappeared...

also... in the example video of the lisp, it says that the command is "COPYBLOCK" but i was only able to rename it into a new one.... copyblock is not recognized, only RB works...

these blocks are giving me the nightmares... anybody else?

cheers!

It sounds to me like you may need to try it again, and pay more attention to your commandline prompts. :|

Why are you INSERTING it? Why not just copy it?

when i edit it in block editor, i don't have the option to save it as a new block... i can just rewrite on the old one... what is it that i'm missing ?

While in the block editor, click "Open/Save", then you can Save the block as a different name.

Block Edit.jpg

I'm aware that I should edit a block in block editor and have it in layer zero.... still, it doesn't work...

i need to make a duplicate of the cyan block and place it in a different layer and give it a different color, magenta...

You have the elements of your block set to color Cyan. That means, no matter what layer you put the block on, it will always be Cyan. If you put all the elements of the block on layer 0 with color set to ByLayer, when you move or copy the block to a different layer, the block will automatically change to the color of the layer you put it on.

You have the elements of your block set to color Cyan. That means, no matter what layer you put the block on, it will always be Cyan. If you put all the elements of the block on layer 0 with color set to ByLayer, when you move or copy the block to a different layer, the block will automatically change to the color of the layer you put it on.

Well done Cad, I was having a hard time believing that the blame for this OIE, was the esteemed Lee Mac. :beer: