Selection - Highlights Upon Being Selected

Hey everyone,

I know that there is a way to turn on a setting when you select an object. For the life of me, I cannot remember where to do that. When I would select something it would highlight whatever the color is set to. For some reason, I got onto CAD and it no longer highlights the object I select. What do I do to get that setting back?? As always, thank you for any and all help!

Regards,

Miller

ReMark, Yes sir I am. Any idea why I am not recieveing notifications when someone post on my thread anymore? I just happened to check on it myself and had no idea yall replied. I apologize for not responding sooner.

RobDraw. I will look into that.

I would go with the selection effects settings, then.

Where is the selection effect settings? Are you referring to the visual effect settings?

No sir. I apologize. I looked back at post #2. I got the selection effect color set to green but it never works. Other than that I am not sure what to change/check.

Some of these guys may be your issue, espaecially what happens during a command, or when no command is active. If you like to pick first like me, not having "When no command is active" checked will cause the selected items to not highlight. Inversely, not checking "When a command is active" will cause objects to not highlight when you do already have a command going.

EDIT:phooie, the pic is so small I can't even read the text on a 24" screen. Hope you have a touch so you can zoom. If not, OPtions > Selection...

EDIT: and then I realised this only pertains to the selection preview (hover behavior) The old controls let you turn highlight on and off, and whether or not to make the selected objects go to dashed lines at the same time. Those are GONE.

EDIT, maybe you just have your Opacity slide switch set to the wrong end of the slot.

Untitled.jpg

I remember the options being there too, Dana. The variable is still available. It is called...

wait for it...

SELECTIONEFFECTCOLOR

EDIT: and then I realised this only pertains to the selection preview (hover behavior) The old controls let you turn highlight on and off, and whether or not to make the selected objects go to dashed lines at the same time. Those are GONE.

EDIT, maybe you just have your Opacity slide switch set to the wrong end of the slot.

Dana, sounds like you mean this Selection Preview Effect, which is in 2013.

If you check for a similar name in your SYSVDLG, you might just find that they turned it into a system variable too. :beer:

Selection Preview Effect.jpg

Some of these guys may be your issue, espaecially what happens during a command, or when no command is active. If you like to pick first like me, not having "When no command is active" checked will cause the selected items to not highlight. Inversely, not checking "When a command is active" will cause objects to not highlight when you do already have a command going.

EDIT:phooie, the pic is so small I can't even read the text on a 24" screen. Hope you have a touch so you can zoom. If not, OPtions > Selection...

Hey Dana,

Thank you for the reply. I understood everything, I believe, lol. So I do know what you are talking about with the hover. That works. When I hover over anything it puts a highlight color around the object.

Right above ribbon options, on the left in the selection settings I see where it says, selection effect color. I am fairly certain thats what I need to be turned on? Maybe thats a variable like Rob stated?

I really do appreciate all of yall's time. I can't even tell you guys how many times yall have helped me!!!

problem solved: hardware accelerator was turned off. Sorry about that guys. Thank you for all the help

Rob,

Had I not taken another look at the SYSDLG, I would have not known it was from the Hardware Accelerator. It stated, on the selection effect variable, if the accelerator is not turned on it will not work.