Which command to FLATSHOT in ver 2006

KarolR

Do you have the command SOLPROF available in 2006?

I believe you do.

That would be my suggestion.

SOLVIEW and SOLDRAW can be used together to do it, but I prefer SOLPROF.

The SOLPROF command is activated through an active Paperspace viewport, or a Maximized viewport, but the line work generated is in Modelspace, on the X,Y plane of the current UCS.

Oops, got it backwards I guess ;) I thought I remember using it in '05, might not have been. That was a while ago.

I haven't a clue, had no idea it was anywhere near that old.

I started on 2009. :beer:

I started working with Autocad from version 12, i think. and then 13, 14 and 2000. i am somewhat old.

Thank you Dadgad

I started working with Autocad from version 12, i think. and then 13, 14 and 2000. i am somewhat old.

Thank you Dadgad

Were you able to get what you needed with SOLPROF?

Sounds like you probably did.

I just checked, and the VPMAX command was added to autocad in 2005.

Create and activate a viewport (even if it will be a throw away, later), then VPMAX will take you through to Modelspace, and at that point you will be able to run SOLPROF, while seemingly in Modelspace.

I used to use it all the time for fabrication drawings, before we switched to ProSteel, which spits out the drawings automagically.

Somewhat old is an interesting concept, as in who isn't? Compared to SOMETHING.

I started on 2009, at the age of 58, choose to think of myself as somewhat young.

For some inexplicable reason.

Like so many perceptions, it is all a matter of one's perspective.

You're welcome. Not sure if this will work for you but you could always setup a dxb printer in AutoCAD to "print" out a 2D representation of your 3D file.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/AutoCAD-LT/files/GUID-48ED6405-688E-41B3-8D34-D223A65D2D57-htm.html

After this you can use the dxbin command to insert this 2D file. I used this method before with good results at times.

Good luck :)

Sean

You're welcome. Not sure if this will work for you but you could always setup a dxb printer in AutoCAD to "print" out a 2D representation of your 3D file.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/AutoCAD-LT/files/GUID-48ED6405-688E-41B3-8D34-D223A65D2D57-htm.html

After this you can use the dxbin command to insert this 2D file. I used this method before with good results at times.

Good luck :)

Sean

Good point Sean,

I use DXB plotting extensively. Be aware that it is based on very old ( integer based ) technology and that 1:1 plotting is not extremely accurate.

-David

It should be but I don't think that the OP wants to destroy his design to get his 2d image. So sure, just make a copy and use flatten. Flatten only works on solids iirc and I think flatshot as well. The DXB method works on any acad item. Good idea on flatten. :thumbsup

Yeah, Solid Profile is the way to go for no conversion. Sounds like best option overall, or only option really.

For the record, I think FLATSHOT eventually was made to work with mesh in addition to solid objects, can't remember which version it was adopted though.

-TZ