invisible objects?

Hello,

A few times I come across this scenario, i have a drawing which is not centered because some misterious entities might be sitting somewhere... I've done all the purging, overkilling, etc... but still, it doesn't zoom all, it means, we have something somewhere...

i've attached a screenshot of what i see, and the etransmit of my frame chart,

any input is welcome, thank you!

Screenshot - 4_11_2017 , 7_05_00 AM.jpg

ERS001_28GAS_LEG PRELAY - Standard.zip

Try using Ctrl + A, to select all, at which point any elusive stray bits at the perimeter of your modelspace should light up, and make it much easier to find and identify them.

Try using Ctrl + A, to select all, at which point any elusive stray bits at the perimeter of your modelspace should light up, and make it much easier to find and identify them.

ehehe nice try but no, never worked. it has to be something more mysterious than that :)

You can also try switching to Conceptual visual style, or switch to an Isometric perspective, as they may display better from another angle.

You can also try switching to Conceptual visual style, or switch to an Isometric perspective, as they may display better from another angle.

the solution was this one: i opened up each xref and purged, saved, and it worked. so the purge might not work on the xrefs?

It happens in my AutoCAD 2011 occasionally, too. It's a glitch in AutoCAD 2011 as far as I can tell. Sometimes I can undo a few times and it goes back to normal, the -Purge sometimes works, but not always. If that doesn't work, I just Zoom>Window around it and call it a day.

Happens to me even in drawings with no XREFs.

It's something mysterious, I keep all my XREFs -Purged.

I just did a -Purge>All on your main drawing and it Zoomed>Extents just fine. Are you using the - in front of Purge?

Commandline -PURGE is the only way to go, when you really want to get it done. :beer:

Definately a mystery, there are polylines in there with a property of invisible. They can only be selected with the qselect command, but once selected, list gives you all their properties including invisible?? Attached is one of these polylines (inside the circle).

The actual zoom problem in the drawing is empty text, these polylines (476) have no effect on the zoom exrtents in the drawing and even selecting a single shows no grips. At a guess I'd say it's some quirk of isolate objects, but the layer might give a clue "GEOGRID"

Invisible.dwg