Break Down Selection Set into smaller selection sets

broncos15

I'm trying to figure out a way to break down a selection set into smaller sets. The reasoning behind this is that when I am processing large amounts of data, it makes more sense to break it down into smaller sets of data that is more pertinent to each comparison. For example, if I have a large selection set of 500 objects, I want to break it down into smaller selection sets, each with a maximum of 50 objects, and then find out if the objects intersect each other.

The only way may be to look at a tiled approach break your selected area into 4 9 16 etc. You could do this automatically as you have two window points.

BigAL, thanks for the help! So, if I understand you correctly, the best idea might be once the user has selected all objects, isolate objects, do a tiled selection set based on the coordinates of all the objects isolated, create separate selection sets, then run my code, and unisolate the objects?

No I was suggesting actual break it down into multiple window selections processing only 1 window at time, probably with a bit of overlap, you 16,000m objects so a 2x2 4 windows would be say 4000 objects per window. This way the left side small objects are not being checked against right side small objects.

So user picks bottom left and top right you decide how many windows to use in a repeat have a little defun to work out corners.