zoom window within a view port doesn't get the snap?

hello

i have to fit the box in the viewport to the box in paper space, as per photo. of course they have the same size.

Inside the viewport, i used zoom/window but no osnap came on... ( of course they are on ) ... what's the catch? why they don't work?

Screenshot - 4_12_2017 , 8_18_37 AM.jpg

I am not sure of an answer for you, but in this case, after starting the zoom command, use the Object option and pick on your rectangle you have drawn in MS.

Zoom Wndow DOES NOT use snaps. Never has. +1 on the Zoom Object, it is there for just such an operation as you are doing.

Actually Zoom Window will use snaps, you can either set OSNAPCOORD to 0 as mentioned earlier, or type in endp to override the osnapcoord setting.

Actually Zoom Window will use snaps, you can either set OSNAPCOORD to 0 as mentioned earlier, or type in endp to override the osnapcoord setting.
Seriously? OK, I will check it out. But is it something that I don't want to leave that way? I'll figure it out. Thanks. Maybe its faster than RE Z O. I have to Z W often for dozens of NTS views every day.

No need for Z>W, just Z uses Window automatically. IIRCC, at one time (maybe R14 and earlier) Zoom Window disabled OSNAPS and Zoom left them as they were.

No need for Z>W, just Z uses Window automatically. IIRCC, at one time (maybe R14 and earlier) Zoom Window disabled OSNAPS and Zoom left them as they were.

:facepalm::facepalm: Now I know what has probably been happening to my (2016) snap settings. Occasionally they will be turned off, and completely unchecked too. Just toggling back on by the tray button does not re-check the boxes. For the last couple of weeks I have been working on a project with a lot of NTS viewports where I Zoom W'd them all. I think I was in the midst of all that when I started noticing all my snap settings going to zero.

Have to wait till Monday to test. I'm in the process of installing 2018 at home, but testing here may not validate what has been happening to me at work 0n 2016. My shop has the day off with pay. My boss is devoutly religious and Good Friday is very important to him.