Location of action recorder button?

brite1212

Can someone please tell me where the action recorder button is located in autocad mech 2017? In vanilla autocad it is located on the manage tab at the far left- but i dont see it in autocad machanical. ;)

I don't use MEP, nor the ribbon, so this may not help you, but in Autocad Vanilla, it can also be found in the right click menu, or in the TOOLS dropdown menu, on the Menu Bar.

And here I thought I was the only one who enjoyed this great functionality!

You can also call it at the commandline, with ACTRECORD. :|

Dadgad you were right- I accessed that command by typing ACTRECORD in the command line ( I am using the student version of autocad mecahanical 2017 and that was the only way I could access it); however when I did type it in I received a notification that the ACTRECORD command has been disabled. So now my question is how do I enable it? This autocad mechanical 2017 that I'm using is part of the student version of the Product Design Suite if that helps to narrow down a solution.

SLW210 that was a very good suggestion and I did briefly look in the CUI but there was SO MANY different files and commands that I didnt go through all of them as I had already found out that the command was disabled, however I do plan on exploring in detail the CUI.

Dadgad you were right- I accessed that command by typing ACTRECORD in the command line ( I am using the student version of autocad mecahanical 2017 and that was the only way I could access it); however when I did type it in I received a notification that the ACTRECORD command has been disabled. So now my question is how do I enable it? This autocad mechanical 2017 that I'm using is part of the student version of the Product Design Suite if that helps to narrow down a solution.

SLW210 that was a very good suggestion and I did briefly look in the CUI but there was SO MANY different files and commands that I didnt go through all of them as I had already found out that the command was disabled, however I do plan on exploring in detail the CUI.

I am not sure how or why it would have been disabled in the software.

Likely there is a good reason.

Looking in the cui, I found it at the bottom left under All Commands, and have created a screenshot of the macro associated with the command.

The macro to stop the Action recorder replaces RECORD with STOP.

This does not constitute an informed suggestion that you want to do this, I am merely trying to help, by moving a little information around.

cui macro for Action recorder.jpg