set linetypes in layers for any future drawings in a project

rkent

This post is for Inventor, I am using Inventor 2017. I can't figure out how to set up a style with the linetypes I want to use in any .idw file. It is easy enough to change in a drawing but I need a style changed so it always uses the styles I set up.

I have been reading about the Styles Manager but it doesn't make sense to me so far.

thanks

The Styles/layers are seriously confusing, especially since there are multiple locations, read only standards etc.

What i would probably do is go to the Annotate tab in the drawing ribbon, then select "edit layers". From there select all the way at the top left on "Standard". The Default is ANSI, you can make a new standard and set your line type and settings then double click on it to make it the default. Make sure you save that and then you go to File, Save As and choose "Save copy as template". The new drawing template will have your new standard as default.