Civil 3D slope label shows numbers as ??? in ACAD drawing

Atropyne

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with slope labels that came in CAD files from the Civil engineer - they're using Civil 3D 2016 and we're using MEP 2016.

When I first opened the Civil drawings, all the labels showed as boxes with misc AECC_###_### notes inside them. So I installed the 2016 Civil 3D object enabler from the Autodesk support website and now the labels are showing, but the text isn't displaying correctly. It seems that letters are showing but all the numbers are shown as ??? marks.

Anyone know what may be causing this, or have a direction they can point me in to find a fix?

I've attached an image to better show what is going on.

attachment.php?attachmentid=61111&cid=1&stc=1

Surface Label.PNG

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with slope labels that came in CAD files from the Civil engineer - they're using Civil 3D 2016 and we're using MEP 2016.

When I first opened the Civil drawings, all the labels showed as boxes with misc AECC_###_### notes inside them. So I installed the 2016 Civil 3D object enabler from the Autodesk support website and now the labels are showing, but the text isn't displaying correctly. It seems that letters are showing but all the numbers are shown as ??? marks.

Anyone know what may be causing this, or have a direction they can point me in to find a fix? I haven't been able to find much related to this online.

Two simple answers. One, buy Civil 3D. Two, turn off the layer with the slope labels.

The C3D enabler only does so much. To calculate the slopes, it would have to have the original surface, and to get that functionality, you might as well have the whole package. Thus the first option.

I can't imagine why a MEP person would need slopes, but you're asking about it, so here's another answer. Have the civil engineer BURST the labels and re-send the drawing(s) to you. It's the only way to get that information.

Thanks for the simple answers. It turned out to be an exporting function.

The slopes are helpful for plumbing when calculating rainfall square footages and coordination of primary and secondary drains.

The slopes are helpful for plumbing when calculating rainfall square footages and coordination of primary and secondary drains.

Yeah, that makes sense. Around here the secondary drains tend to fall through the cracks (no pun intended).l