Polyline mystery coming from a array

halam

I'm now working in a dwg file in which some polylines act very strange. Ca't seem to snap on any points on them and they are slowing things down quite rapidly. These yellow ones

where inside a 2018 array i think , but hey, .. it's supose to be backward compatible anyway, right..

Wanting to trim these polylines (blue lines).

The red polylines act normal, where the yellow ones take ages to be trimmed.

I have no clue.

strange case proxy polylines.dwg

Edited by halam

Have you looked at the drawing in an isometric view? What may appear as a single polyline in a top view is really a series of polylines closely spaced one under the other vertically. Same goes for the some, but not all of the red polylines.

Good catch ReMark! somehow along the way i lost control over the array.. controls for path and display switching of array is so slow i cannot follow and abort.

AutoCAD is getting 'fat' & getting slow imo..

Same handling with BricsCAD v15, done instantly!

getting 'fat' & getting slow

Its like 15 years ago now and met with some Autodesk reps showing how good CIV3D was, they showed grading and it was a bit of a wow till we asked the question do a cut=fill and there answer was just repeat till volumes are acceptable my answer was our other software has done this previously for the last 15 years, so we are at 30 years now and is it there ?

I think the glow effect is the cause of the delay.

Probably no 'skip it' being coded if more than xx items selected at once.

What setvar can turns off, .. If.. (reactor?)

*EDIT is there any to turn of preview behaviour? Google and Autodesk can't help me out (?) ..

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/preview-effect/td-p/1485061

Edited by halam