Embossing sheet metal

Currahee

I am embossing lettering on sheet metal and I cannot get it to come out right.

As anyone knows if you stamp sheet metal it doesnt leave the content (the lettering in my case) with 90 degree angle on the lettering. Ive tried tapering the lettering but cant. Also tried chamfer and fillet but they didnt work.

Can anyone help me with the emboss that doesnt leave the lettering with a block look

If you are trying to emboss sheetmetal what you want to do is make an iFeature sheet metal punch tool. Have you tried/explored this yet? Short version, you make the geometry you want to either emboss or punch and save it as an iFeature punch part. There are a lot of defaults that you can look at.

On the "manage" tab go to the Insert section and there is an Insert iFeature button as well as a drop down where you can pick a lot of them. At the bottom of the drop down there is an option to view the iFeature library. Take a look at whats in there and what it looks like.

If you are trying to emboss sheetmetal what you want to do is make an iFeature sheet metal punch tool. Have you tried/explored this yet? Short version, you make the geometry you want to either emboss or punch and save it as an iFeature punch part. There are a lot of defaults that you can look at.

On the "manage" tab go to the Insert section and there is an Insert iFeature button as well as a drop down where you can pick a lot of them. At the bottom of the drop down there is an option to view the iFeature library. Take a look at whats in there and what it looks like.

I haven't used the iFeature tools. As I am new to Inventor, I have only been using it for 3 years. I have been designing parts for my outdoor furniture that an idiot could design. (Once upon a time I thought I would never master AutoCAD(which no-one ever masters AutoCAD) but that was my feeling at the time until I started with Inventor. With that being said I am now getting a grasp of the whole Inventor program..i.e. what it consist of, what it is capaple of, the limits or lack there-of, the real world thought of positioning and placement, the textures/rendering...etc

taylor, i just did a google search , since i don't have a video for this, to show the tool. This should get you started hopefully.

taylor, i just did a google search , since i don't have a video for this, to show the tool. This should get you started hopefully.

Sorry, hadnt got back....I seen the video but (maybe I am missing something). I understand and can execute whats in the video but as in the video you have to "fillet" the emboss but I cant with TEXT?

If you are making an embossing tool it has to have rounded edges. Generally there is a male/female to stamp something into sheet metal. If you have square corners you will likely shear the sheet rather than deform it. Lets work backwards from the real part. How do you plan to make the actual tool and use it?