scale feature in Solidworks

reggy

I am having a problem with the Scale tool in Solidworks 2012, in the sense that I am unable to have the option to scale a model that I have created. The icon is not in the features bar, but when I go to Tools/Tool entities, the word scale is greyed out. It would be, I suppose, that I am not in the correct mode in the first place. Someone please explain the concept to me please. also, am I able to scale the sketch itself?Reginald

Reggy, in general you would modify the dimensions in the sketch to parametrically control the size when possible. There is a scale sketch option when you are editing a sketch. If you are using the feature from the "Insert>Feature" menu i can't imagine why it would be greyed out.

I dont have any videos on any of my sites but this was one from a reseller that shows the scale feature as well as making a simple design table.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if you can scale an assembly.

However, if you need to scale an assembly, you can save that assy as a part.

Then, INSERT > FEATURE > SCALE should work for you.