how to project a curve on the other

poorya

hi every body

im totally beginner to solid work

at first i must say that may problem wont solve by projection feature in solid-work

as you can see in the picture witch i attached i have a curve upper and a sector of circle lower

i wanna project the upper curve on the lower one so that the upper curve totally fit on the circle sector

can any body help me with this

Sincerely yours, :)Screenshot - 3_25_2017 , 4_26_30 PM.jpg

Screenshot - 3_25_2017 , 4_26_17 PM.jpg

poorya, im having trouble understanding what you want to do. Is the inner curve going to be a solid or a surface? Is the curve on a plane or in 3d?

There are a few ways to project curves. From the "Curves" dropdown in either the Feature or Surface tab you can make a Projected Curve that can be a sketch on a sketch or a sketch on a face. The sketches need to not be on parallel planes though. Typically one curve will be perpendicular to another.

There is also a Wrap tool that allows you to Emboss, Deboss or "Scribe". That tool is to be used on solids/surface.

If you can give us some more views or maybe share the file that might help answer the question better.

first i thank you shift1313 for response

the inner curve now is a sketch on front plane witch will become a surface and after that by lofting tool will be a solid,

i tried projection before but it is not the answer,the wraping tool is for the surfaces witch cant be used for my case because i wanna put the upper curve on another sketch not a surface or solid,

ill attache the file here for you , ill be thankful if you look it for the answerfinal sketch.SLDPRT

Poorya, i got the file open. Can you tell me which sketch name you want to project, and onto which other sketch name? I think i know what you want to do but there are just a few problem, if i am right.

The tool you want is the "Curves>Project Curve" . You want to use the Sketch on Sketch Projection Type, but you will want to break up your sketches a bit more. To project sketch 0.9R sec onto the upper arc of your "front sec" you need to break up that first sketch. See the image below.

Project Curve.jpg

I did a projected curve and saved a copy(sw 2016) so you should be able to open it fine. If that is not what you are trying to do please let me know.

final sketch edit.SLDPRT

dear shift1313, i thank you again

i saw the file witch you sent me back but it is not the purpose of my work

i want to project for example 0.2R sec sketch on front sec sketch

but as you see in the image i attached the result of curve>project curve is not complete

ill be thankful if you help me solve this

1.jpg

The reason that one is not complete is because your surface isnt wide enough. You are projecting from the sketch plane. If you look at that sketch "normal to" you will see your 0.2 sketch is wider than your surface.