How to create 3d Lotus petal mesh?

berance

Hello,

Please forgive me if this is a simple task,

But i wish to create a 3d lotus flower petal. I have drawn the petal using side view and plan view reference material and the 3d drawing is accurate, i now do not know how to create a mesh that follows the bottom line as a guide running along the entire petal. This is an image to describe what i am trying to create:

attachment.php?attachmentid=61148&cid=1&stc=1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Berance

Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 23.45.53.jpg

]Draw a closed shape for the plan view on the XY plane and a closed shape for the side view on the XZ plane. Make sure the two views are lined up the extrude the two shapes. A Boolean intersect will yield the solid shape.

I would post a picture but I can't post pictures anymore since Dropbox disabled their Public share folder.

The CAD Tutor picture insertion feature requires a url for the image (whether I use Chrome or Edge). In the past I have copied the image to the Public folder of my Dropbox account so that I could get a url for the jpg file.

I usually skip the Insert Image option and click on the paper clip icon for Attachments. One caveat however. After the image you want to attach is uploaded, close the File Upload Manager and click on the paper clip icon to add the image otherwise is shows up twice. I usually use a ">" symbol as a placeholder for attaching the image then delete it.

IMG_7225.jpg

Have a happy.

I do not see a "from computer" option when I click the Insert Image icon.

So, if I got this right, here are the steps to add a picture for a reply.

1. Click Go Advanced.

2. Click Manage Attachments.

3. Click Add Files

4. Click Choose File

5. Navigate to file, select it, click Open.

6. Click Upload.

7. Click Done.

Seems almost right. After Upload click on Insert Inline down in the right hand corner of the file upload manager window. Did this using IE as my browser.

3D_Bracket_r1.PNG

One could also use the tabsurf command to draw a tabulated surface which I'm thinking would achieve the same result as the multi-step process you've illustrated.

You can specify the number of surface tabulations to generate with the surftab command (which is a different command) then use your tabsurf command to generate your mesh with that number of tabulations. More surface tabulations = more detail (basically) and more grips.

Back in like 2004 I think - modelled a british spitfire for an advanced autocad class with only ruled surfaces. Only, in your case the rulesurf command probably wouldn't be ideal. If you have, for example, cross sections of an aircraft from a blueprint online you can create them as closed polylines or 3dpolylines. Rulesurf will then automatically draw the mesh between the two objects.

I've done this to generate 3d models in autocad of SR71 Blackbird, B1 Lancer, and other aircraft online - my fav thing to do when I'm super bored. But it requires the blueprints and cross sections which are all over the internet :P.

It's just a mesh in the end. Autocad has more mesh features and commands available.

A buddy of mine did a space shuttle for his projects with meshes.

And after a mesh is drawn, you can always fine tune the grip locates if you need. Only if you use too many surface tabulations, this step can be difficult.

-ChriS

you can choose a network command from surface tab to select right and left and up and down and you will get the shape you want then go to mesh tab and then select the refine mesh and you will get the mesh you want that's all hope I help you

I forget to tell you after you making the network of shape you need to write in prompt command ((MESHOPTIONS)) and from the winddows select the object to tessellate and then select the network will converting to mesh and the press refine