problem with drawing chesspieces in Autocad

Dear members, hello!

I have a problem with drawing chess pieces (that I make in workshop by hand) in Autocad. I am plannig to order some tools to speed up work, but manufacturer said he needs my chess pieces in Autocad form.

I hope I will be able to describe problem, perhaps picture will help.

Like said, I must "copy" chess pieces desing into Autocad.

I am planning to do this by drawing half of pieces and then revolve it.

I do not have any problems with sharp lines, but when it comes to round one I soon get stucked.

As seen on enclosed photos two kings have different number of curved line - the one on left basicly ony one curved line in base, while the top one also has similar thing on the top.

How do I draw this kind of curves? It is killing me for several days now and I am stucked.

How do I know when to use spline and when arc?

Is it mix of regular, not curved line followed by spline?

I have also tried "fillet" command on king's head, but then it reduces diamter of the head + shape of curve is not validated.

Can anybod refers me to some youtube tutorial for such a problems?

I would highly appretaite any advice, since like said - I am moving nowhere, when I should be moving fast.

Thank you all for any advice, George

autocad problems.jpg

A simple way to do this is to insert the photo into your drawing and trace the outline. Wherever the slope changes, start a new arc or line. Another strategy is to draw the arc first and adjust the radius until it fits the picture.

In your example, the top of the king on the left could be an arc, while the next section is a line. Use FILLET with a large radius, and adjust it downward until you get a result you like.

Thanks a lot for great advice. It was off my what to do with acad problem list.

Boy, that would really solve problem in no time. 🖒🖒🖒