Synchronize Custom Scale Between Two Viewports

Bill Tillman

I have two viewports on a layout tab. One will be a front view, the other will be a plan view. To fit them comfortably on the sheet I tried a couple of scales and found that only using a custom scale could I get it to look right. Now comes the part of getting the custom scales between the two. If I was using a standard scale like 1/4"=1'-0" that would be easy, but since the scales are custom, something not shown in the properties window other than the work "Custom", I was looking for a way to synchronize them to the same scale.

MatchProperties will work as well.

You could also add a custom scale. Pick on the viewport, look down to see the scale displayed, for instance it says .3131, use that value to create a custom scale and then apply that to any other viewports.

Obviously it is best to use standard scales that make sense.

Thanks. VPSYNCH appears to be for something else, although it will synch up the scales...at least that's what I interpret. The trouble is when I run it on my computer the word "initializing...." appears on the command line and then nothing else happens.

OK. Did you try rkent's suggestion?

Yes, that works as well. Thanks ReMark, your advice is always valuable.

I think in this case it was rkent's advice that was valuable. Mine sucked.:ouch::lol:

Glad to hear you found an answer to your problem.:)