rotate all in paperspace including viewport view

tive29

In elevation drawings, the title block (paperspace) is in landscape. The viewport is rotated 90 degree to optimize the paper size.

However this makes the viewing of the elevation difficult.

Is there a lisp that can rotate everything in paperspace (including view in the viewport but model remains unchange)as show in the photo with an option to revert back :

Untitled.jpg

Really easy to do this, as long as your VPROTATEASSOC variable setting is set appropriately.

Clearly this could be done with a lisp, personally I would use the ACTION RECORDER to create a macro on the fly which could do this, would be saved, and available for subsequent use.

Viewport Rotate variable.JPG

Once you know VPROTATEASSOC is set to 1, you simply use the rotate command on the ViewPort and anything else you want rotated.

@ Dadgad, You always surprise me with the solutions you post with System variables. Nicely done. :thumbsup:

For me, I would double click the VP then rotate the ucs on the Z Axis to 90 degs. then invoke the plan command with double enter to get the job done. :)

Thanks Tharwat, being ill-lisperate, I need to access a slightly different and more accessible bag of tricks! :beer:

As a non-Lisperati, the ACTION RECORDER is a real God send, which I suspect is frequently overlooked, really easy to use on the fly, and no coding required.

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks Dadgad. The system variable did work. Dislike using action recorder. Will try to work out a simple lisp command.

Regardless, Is there such a thing as rotating the paperspace view, short of titling my heading 90 degrees? The issue with rotating the whole drawing is the layers need to be all switch on & unfreeze, then switch off & freeze after rotating. If not possible to rotate the paperspace view, then having all these commands pack into a lisp would be ideal.

Given the new parameters of what needs be done, it sounds like a lisp is probably what you want.

It sounds like you could create a Layer State, then turn on all your layers for the rotation of whichever elements require rotation, then apply your Layer State.

The action recorder is somewhat limited in what it can do, definitely less customizable than a lisp, but for many tedious repetitive things I do, such as resheeting drawings, it comes in very handy.

Wouldn't you just have to rotate the Title block? If that works a lisp to toggle it back and forth and zooming to extents would be simple enough.

My situation need to rotate viewport as well.

My situation need to rotate viewport as well.

I suspect, that tombu was suggesting rotating the sheet, Title block and everything within them (meaning the viewport). :)