Block Editor Changes View in Drawing

After creating a new block in a file, the view in the drawing changes from where I was before creating the block to be zoomed into (0,0).

I've seen this in multiple files on multiple computers at different companies.

Has anyone seen this and know what the cause is?

I can't say I have ever seen that, but there are many ways to create blocks in Autocad, like in so many different areas.

Is it something that you can reproduce, or is just a regular occurrence?

If you can reproduce it what are the actual steps you take. In my case I would normally draw everything in model space, select all objects, start the block command, name it and then pick the insertion point, and only then go into the block editor to add anything dynamic if needed, I have it setup so that objects are automatically converted into the block, and it is not opened in the block editor by default.

Any one of those points could be causing what you see. It really needs breaking down step by step.

Thanks Steven. It does not happen all the time, even within the same editing session. I'm just creating some simple blocks on the fly, some lines and text, and do it in the same fashion. I really can't get my head around it because it does not happen every time. I'm just going to have see if I can reproduce it by doing exactly the same steps again, the next time it happens.

Looking at your profile you use MEP, does that have things like Lisp, could it be something you use occasionally that alters variables in the background or doesn't close out correctly, it does appear odd that it's not consistent. Good luck