Block Scale

Using Autocad 2006 and somehow I have changed a scale factor for my Wblocks.

I work in Architectural scale, and my sheet size is 22'-81/4 x 33'-11" which is requested by my customer. Previously I could "insert" a block from my list of blocks I have and they are drawn to proper scale on my drawing. For some reason, probably something I changed accidentally, but now when I insert a block it is drawn 1/12 the size it should be. I know I can adjust the scale each time I insert a block as it gives you that option, but in the past I have not had to adjust the scale with each block. It drew it to the proper size to start with. Somehow I need to scale all of my blocks up by 12 to get them to the proper size. It has to be a scale factor somewhere that I have accidentally changed but I have no clue where and how !! Any help would be appreciated.

Block definitions include a units factor, and the UNITS command includes an insertion scale (that's the INSUNITS variable ReMark refers to). Make sure your insertion scale matches the block scale, or set the insertion scale to Unitless.

From AutoCAD Help:

INSUNITS

Specifies a drawing-units value for automatic scaling of blocks, images, or xrefs inserted or attached to a drawing.

NoteThe INSUNITS setting is ignored when inserting annotative blocks into a drawing.

INSUNITSDEFSOURCE

Sets source content units value when INSUNITS is set to 0.

INSUNITSDEFTARGET

Sets target drawing units value when INSUNITS is set to 0.

Did anybody notice that his sheet size is 22 feet by 33 feet not including the few inches for either axis?

Did anybody notice that his sheet size is 22 feet by 33 feet not including the few inches for either axis?

Wait, what? feet??

I think I see the problem here....

The OP could be doing this the old school method drawing the building to real world dimensions then inserting and scaling up his title block and border to fit. If he were going to print the drawing on an 11x17 sheet of paper and the architectural scale he wanted to use was 1/2"=1'-0" then the paper dimensions would be 22'-0"x34'-0". Close to what he mentions the client wants as a finished size. I doubt he is printing an architectural drawing to the real world dimensions he has stated.

The OP could be doing this the old school method drawing the building to real world dimensions then inserting and scaling up his title block and border to fit. If he were going to print the drawing on an 11x17 sheet of paper and the architectural scale he wanted to use was 1/2"=1'-0" then the paper dimensions would be 22'-0"x34'-0". Close to what he mentions the client wants as a finished size. I doubt he is printing an architectural drawing to the real world dimensions he has stated.
Well, I dunno. That'd be one way to get the foundation in correctly for a change, a full size template. ;) Maybe the insert scale is simply feet for some reason. That would mean the block drawn in inches would be 1/12th its actual size upon insertion, right? or maybe the other way round?

The OP needs to tell us if he is drawing in model space or paper space. If he is drawing in paper space then he's scaling the title block down to fit the sheet. If he is drawing in model space he is plotting from model space and doing the same thing. The 22' X 34' dimensions are his drawing limits. Clearly the client in this case doesn't have a clue what scaling is and is just dictating the size of the drawing from trial and error. And given that if you scale 22' X 34' down by a factor of 12 then you 11" X 17" is a clear that somebody in the clients company is good at math but sucks at understanding drawing scales.