Dynamic block problem keeping objects centered

jaff

I would like to keep the objects in the block centered but I have no success. Can anyone please tell me how to make the dynamic block work properly. Every time I change a shape other objects will not follow.

Thanks,

p.s.: I am using ACADLT 2017 and I am guessing that there is a tool that I am probably missing to make the dyn. block work properly, is that correct?

A325 & A490 BOLT HEAD_PLAN VIEW.dwg

You cannot stretch a circle, not in model space, also not in a block, and your stretch area for the polygon, is not placed where it will do anything, although you can stretch a polygon it will be mis-shapen when you do, for this geometry your best option would be a scale action, I would use a linear parameter based at the center of the block.

Why not draw each option and use Visibility State?

You really should be posting these questions in the AutoCAD LT Forum, since Dynamic Blocks have to be done without constraints in LT.

I have moved this thread for you.

Why not draw each option and use Visibility State?

You really should be posting these questions in the AutoCAD LT Forum, since Dynamic Blocks have to be done without constraints in LT.

I have moved this thread for you.

OK. I will post this questions in the LT.

The reason I do not want to draw each option its because I want single shapes that can shift to other shapes. I am doing this block as a start up so I can create more blocks with a lot of contents, such steel shapes (AISC shpaes: WF, HSS, ANGLES, ETC.,). Having all these shapes in visibility states will be cumbersome.

Thanks,

Steven-g,

No problem. I appreciate the help. I will continue to make changes and see where the takes me hopefully I will get it done and move on to my next block. Is there a place where I can upload this file, I would like to share my files with other users.

Thanks again.