Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    SLW210's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Design Draftsman
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Mostly do drafting related to manufacturing. From doing site layouts with proposed updates, additions and renovations to be budgeted and submitted for bid, to updating and changing existing drawings to reflect maintenance and repair/revision work done on site.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2011

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

No, I mean to contact Autodesk to see if they can determine if this is a bug, they may want to know and fix it. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=1073074

If you are on Subscription your CAD Manager can post a report through the Subscription Portal, at least it used to be that way.

Maybe an Autodesk employee will see your thread over there.
    “A narrow mind and a fat head invariably come on the same person” Zig Zigler

Forum Newbie
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Quote Originally Posted by SLW210 View Post
    No, I mean to contact Autodesk to see if they can determine if this is a bug, they may want to know and fix it. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=1073074

If you are on Subscription your CAD Manager can post a report through the Subscription Portal, at least it used to be that way.

Maybe an Autodesk employee will see your thread over there.
    I am not, but my boss is. I don't think he understands the problems I'm having with the software though...

Computer Details
    SLW210's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 PRO 64-bit
    Computer:
    IBM Lenovo
    Motherboard:
    ACPI x64
    CPU:
    Pentium(R) i5 4570 @ 3.2GHz
    RAM:
    8 GB RAM
    Graphics:
    Nvidia Quadro 600 1GB
    Primary Storage:
    300 GB
    Secondary Storage:
    650GB
    Monitor:
    2x ThinkVision 24"
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    SLW210's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Design Draftsman
    Discipline
    Multi-disciplinary
    Details
    Mostly do drafting related to manufacturing. From doing site layouts with proposed updates, additions and renovations to be budgeted and submitted for bid, to updating and changing existing drawings to reflect maintenance and repair/revision work done on site.
    Using
    AutoCAD 2011

Have your boss give you access to the portal so you can explain everything to Autodesk yourself.
    “A narrow mind and a fat head invariably come on the same person” Zig Zigler

Computer Details
    Ski_Me's Computer Details
    Computer:
    DELL (why oh lord must I suffer)
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Ski_Me's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Fire Alarm tech
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Shanni are you using a template that's on your company's network?

Forum Newbie
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Quote Originally Posted by SLW210 View Post
    Have your boss give you access to the portal so you can explain everything to Autodesk yourself.
    I will try and do that. I'm quite new here and don't really wanna cause trouble. There are work around to this problem but it makes doing everything 10x more annoying. ;__;

Quote Originally Posted by Ski_Me
    Shanni are you using a template that's on your company's network?
    Yes I am.

Luminous Being
    Using
    Civil 3D 2016

You could do an equivalent to a PUBLISH even with LT, if your layouts are consistent named D01 D02 Layout1 Layout2. I would use excel to write the command line sequence for Plot, we have this for our plotting via a menu just pick an option and it happens correct plot output via lisp. To see what I mean type -plot and answer the questions hopefully its supported in LT. This would save setting a Publish for every dwg but it does rely on some rules like Title block in a layout and always at 0,0.

Dana W -plot ?

Code:
     command version
    CTAB Layout1
    -PLOT
    Y

CutePDF Writer
    A3
    m
    LANDSCAPE
    N
    W
    -6,-6
    1=2
    C
    Y
    DesignLaserCOLOUR_1.ctb
    Y
    N
    N
    N
    N
    pdfname
    N
    y
    A man who never made mistakes never made anything

Computer Details
    Computer:
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Occupation
    Fire Alarm tech
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Ok so I thought you were having issues with your template because I noticed on one of your videos that a reference was missing when you opened the file. Now that I looked at this closer I see where your selecting blocks and the text looks like attributes. Could it be that every time you open the file the block is somehow exploded? If you insert a block from a different location then you get a dialog box that has a check box asking you if you want to insert the block exploded. And if you just copy and paste the block instead of inserting it then you will have the same issue with every copy of that block. What I'm saying is that the block was inserted exploded then copied and pasted using the copy command then the attributes were edited for each location. Have you tried inserting the block again from the same location?

Forum Newbie
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Quote Originally Posted by BIGAL View Post
    You could do an equivalent to a PUBLISH even with LT, if your layouts are consistent named D01 D02 Layout1 Layout2. I would use excel to write the command line sequence for Plot, we have this for our plotting via a menu just pick an option and it happens correct plot output via lisp. To see what I mean type -plot and answer the questions hopefully its supported in LT. This would save setting a Publish for every dwg but it does rely on some rules like Title block in a layout and always at 0,0.

Dana W -plot ?

Code:
     command version
    CTAB Layout1
    -PLOT
    Y

CutePDF Writer
    A3
    m
    LANDSCAPE
    N
    W
    -6,-6
    1=2
    C
    Y
    DesignLaserCOLOUR_1.ctb
    Y
    N
    N
    N
    N
    pdfname
    N
    y
    Hmmm I tried this and it brought out the same result. Since I don't have CutePDF Writer, I just used dwg to pdf output. *shakehead*

Forum Newbie
    Discipline
    Architectural
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Ski_Me View Post
    Ok so I thought you were having issues with your template because I noticed on one of your videos that a reference was missing when you opened the file. Now that I looked at this closer I see where your selecting blocks and the text looks like attributes. Could it be that every time you open the file the block is somehow exploded? If you insert a block from a different location then you get a dialog box that has a check box asking you if you want to insert the block exploded. And if you just copy and paste the block instead of inserting it then you will have the same issue with every copy of that block. What I'm saying is that the block was inserted exploded then copied and pasted using the copy command then the attributes were edited for each location. Have you tried inserting the block again from the same location?
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean. XD The missing reference is because the template moves from computer to computer. The texts are attributes attached to a block. The block isn't exploded when I open it because I am still able to change all the options. It goes back to the normal size through some forceful refresh (similar to regen). I'm not sure where the block is located. I tried remaking the block, but I am not sure how it was made. I can't, for the life of me, seem to get annotation scale to work on the new block (and the annotations on the old one is whack). ;__; *dead inside* Not sure if I can solve this problem. I've been trying to fix it for 2 weeks already.

Computer Details
    Computer:
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Occupation
    Fire Alarm tech
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Using
    AutoCAD 2018

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Ok have you tried to delete the annotative of the block and replace with your scale? You can have more than 1 scale for each annotative block. Right click on the block and then select the annotative scale in the menu. You have to do this in block editor because your text might have scales imbedded in the block. Now that you mention annotative scales are in use this is making more sense.