Override ACAD shurtcut menu with Custom Shortcut Menu

guitarguy1685

I would like to customize my Shortcut Menus (SM) via the CUI. I know ACAD SM are already defined out of the box (OTB). I know I can modify them in the acad.cui but I prefer to have my own custom.cui with all my changes there.

My issue is that I do not know how to override the ACAD SM with my own. I customized my double click actions in my own cui and they overode the acad.cui on it's own. How can I get ACAD to use mycustom.cui SM menus?

I'm not sure what the hierarchy is, but for if there's a Shortcut Menu in the Main CUI the it will be used instead of one from a partial menu. When installing a new version I've always modified the C3D.CUI Shortcut Menus since it has to be the Main CUI to work properly. In the past there was only a few, but with 2018 I've had to modify a lot more that in the past defaulted to the ones in my custom CUI.

I'd be interested in an easier solution as well as I use them to modify almost everything.

Like Remark you should load a seperate mnu and use the "Redefine" to make your shortcut overide the default one.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-AutoLISP/files/GUID-38D0244E-C0C7-4FF0-A4B9-DE6E05635BD6-htm.html

That's only for commands, we're trying to override which CUI the Shortcut Menus are using. In the CUI you can select which drop-down menus and ribbon panels from whatever loaded CUI's are shown for a workspace, but there's no way to chose which Shortcut Menus you want to choose from.

Adding items and menus from my custom CUI to the Main CUI is how I've always done it, but a simpler way would be nice.