Right Click Enter

When I select copy then select item to copy then right click to enter it automatically selects 0,0 as my base point unless I hit enter or the spacebar instead of right clicking.

That seems to me, to be a logical enough default setting.

Is this post meant to pose a question, or share some insight?

Try setting PICKADD to the default value of 2.

Otherwise your button 2 in the Mouse Buttons Click menu might have been changed.

In Options → User Preferences tab what are your Right-click Customizations set to? Many options there, but 0,0 isn't one of them.

As Mason said to Dixon, you have to start somewhere. There are several ways to specify how to move things. If you type @ (relative) and your displacement, the move starts at 0,0 and goes from there, but your item moves relative to the origin. You can also type absolute coordinates as the destination.

It's only logical. AutoCAD knows where an object is now, but to put it somewhere else it needs a specific new place or an offset from the old place.

This seems like a pretty basic question for someone who's been a member for seven years. What am I missing?

Stop hitting right click, at that point. It is the wrong time for it. Put the cursor on your desired basepoint and LEFT CLICK, as was suggested in your other thread on the same subject.

Threads are now merged. Please, do not post the same question multiple times and please, post in the related forum.

• 3 months later...

It seems to be if I right click after I select an object to copy while not hovering over an object it lets me pick my displacement location but if I am hovering over something it automatically attaches my displacement location to 0,0.

It seems to be if I right click after I select an object to copy while not hovering over an object it lets me pick my displacement location but if I am hovering over something it automatically attaches my displacement location to 0,0.
You've asked the same question four times in two different threads. Are you even reading any of the responses?