Want to prepare Guard Rail and Barrier Layout

afrazahmed

Could you please any one help me i want to prepare one layout to show GuardRail and Protection Barrier,how can make with Shape command or Dynamic block I dont want to use poly line please help me make a sample and send me back example layout attached

Guardrail barrier7 Model (1).pdf

Why does your guardrail look like a plain line?

Why does the concrete barrier have a square included between the two lines? What is it supposed to represent?

How literal do you want the symbols to be?

I haven't worked on a highway design in years but this is what I might use for symbols. I think they would be relatively easy to create. You should give it a try yourself. Doing is learning...learning is knowledge.

SampleSymbols.jpg

Just one question. What happens when you encounter a curve such as those one might see where there are on/off ramps?

Edited by ReMark

There is probably nothing wrong with what you have done the only thing is that you need to do some blow up details of the the ends, how are they to look and a general cross section showing offset from pavement edge etc. I noticed a "U" turn here in AUS that would need special detailing showing radius and post details.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=vicroads+guardrail+standard+drawings&oq=vic+roads+guard+rail+standrad&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l2.10437j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

My question is that how to show it like single polyline or need create any line shape or dynamic block or any SHAPE ??? please guide me

Option 1: Use the Make Shape and Make Linetype commands.

Option 2: Create a dynamic block.

Tutorials regarding either/both methods can easily be found on the Internet. I still think there may be a problem when encountering a curve though. You'll just have to test what you create to find out.

Re: guardrail. The posts could be blocks inserted along a polyline using the Array, Measure or Divide commands.

Edited by ReMark