Civil3D labels will not create

KRoCAD

I've been searching for an answer to my problem for the past couple hours now to no avail. I hope someone here is able to help me with this. Thanks in advance.

I'm using AutoCAD Civil3D 2014 and I'm trying to create labels, but the labels are not being created. It doesn't matter on the type of label I'm trying to make or label style; there is no label type or style that is working. I've checked layers to make sure both my current layer and my style layers are turned on, thawed, and unlocked. Label style and label component visibility is set to display. I've tried creating the labels, then doing a quick select to select only labels, but there is always 0 items selected when trying this, which makes me think the labels aren't being created to begin with.

I believe this problem to be file specific, as it is only affecting two files. I've successfully made labels in other files after discovering the problem with these two files.

Is there some type of setting that prevents labels from being created? Some other setting that may affect this?

Many of the Civil 3D labels use blocks, with their contents on layer 0. If you have layer 0 frozen, the labels are created but on a frozen layer.

I know, block contents on 0 are supposed to show up on the insertion layer. I can't tell you why this happens, it just does. I think they're blocks inside of blocks.

• 3 weeks later...