Help pls with "Automatically Label Attributes"

Ahmed Elsaabbagh

I want any explain how to use "Automatically Label Attributes" LiSP, i need steps how to add serial number on pipes

this LISP from LEE MAC.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ahmed Elsaabbagh

• ReMark

• BIGAL

• Tyson904

Didn't you read the Instructions for running immediately below the Program Description at Lee Mac's website? It doesn't get any clearer than that. Question: Are you sure this particular program is what you need to solve your problem? Are the pipes represented by blocks with attributes?

Edited by ReMark

This program is already what I want and I have read the instructions on the site and have not been clear enough...... http://www.lee-mac.com/autolabelattributes.html

my pipes represented by blocks with attributes

I need Clear steps for add serial number in every pipe (SW-1-A1a-01),(SW-1-A1a-02),(SW-1-A1a-03),(SW-1-A1a-04).........etc.

This program is already what I want and I have read the instructions on the site and have not been clear enough.

the pipes represented by blocks with attributes, i need to add label with serial number one the pipe like (SW-1-A1a-01),(SW-1-A1a-02),(SW-1-A1a-03),.....

I cannot find clear steps.

Did you open the file in Notepad and modify any/all of the eight settings available such as name of block, attribute tag, prefix, suffix, starting number, etc.?

yes I open the file in Notepad and modify name of block, attribute tag and try to use the default tag in Lisp,

but not working.

by the way 3 TECH Engineers try to use this LISP from Morning and they cannot.

Tech engineers are overrated and overpaid.:shock: Me? I'm just a draftsman.:lol:

AutoAttrib_1.JPG

As you can see, Lee's program works just fine.:)

Simple steps: follow Lee's instructions. Surely you and three tech engineers can do that if you put your collective minds together. Start with his "MyBlock" and "MyTag" descriptions and make one attribute (name it "MyTag") and one object that the attribute will be combined with to create "MyBlock". Insert the first block then copy it once. The number of the second block should change automatically. As far as the prefix SW-1-A1- make sure it is enclosed in quotes like this "SW-1-A1-". Easy.

AutoAttrib_2.JPG

• 7 months later...

I understand the settings syntax and can load the lsp,command line says its operational but can't seem to auto label blocks,have named them MYBLOCK and set tags for MYTAG but no use

Let's see a screen shot like the one I included in post #12 of the first eight lines (under the Settings header) of your modified lisp routine.

Ahhhh just a draftsman. But with common sense. Better that then an engineer. 😇😅

I played one on TV once. The show only lasted one episode and got cancelled.:shock::lol:

I got it to work maybe, can't copy paste with auto increments in numbering, I have to insert every time.

What we have is multiple floors with say 300 to 600 desks per floor. So at times we remove desks, this is no issue as the numbers automatically recount to the end when a number is removed.

What we need to do is be able to insert new desks in the mid range numbers. So I need a way where say I have 500 desks but need to insert maybe 5 new desks somewhere around numbers 300-305. This would mean momentarily there would be double entry numbers for 300-305.

The program needs to search double entries, keep the newest one and tally the older entries from 306 to the new total which is now 505 seats.

Looking at Lee-Mac's vid I thought this was happening but apparently it's not.