Autocad Architecture - Roof

MarkMelbourne

attachment.php?attachmentid=61318&cid=1&stc=1

I am trying to create the 450 Eave, the image represents what I am trying to achieve but some how I don't seem to get it to work. If there is anybody that can assist me in creating it using Autocad Architecture that would be great.

pencil.png

450 Eve.PNG

Are you trying for the dimension or for the roof itself? Is it a scaling issue, a formatting issue, a linework issue, or something else? Where did the image come from if you can't make the drawing work? Any information you can provide will help us.

450 mm soffit overhang?

Roof pitch?

Trusses or hand framed rafters?

HAP (Height Above Plate?

I don't understand the question. In Autocad Architecture does it auto build the overhangs? If so, maybe there's a setting where you set overhang and rave values.

I use 2D and just draw houses the way I used to frame them.

I am trying to create a 450mm eave. The image I have saved it from a PDF file attachment.php?attachmentid=61344&cid=1&stc=1 Basically I can't create a roof that looks like the image file.

I end up getting this type of a roof form. attachment.php?attachmentid=61345&cid=1&stc=1

450 Eve 1.PNG

450 Eve.PNG

• 1 month later...

2015_MBP_CAP 2017-06-30 at 17.39.08.jpg

Does this help? (see image) Maybe your version does a bunch of detailing automatically for elevations....I've never used anything other than standard AutoCAD.

I have been using Autocad too but I thought I might move onto Autocad Architecture but some how I could not work out.

Here is the detail again.attachment.php?attachmentid=61642&cid=1&stc=1

450 Eave.PNG