block standards/procedures

Hello,

I know how to make blocks and make palettes and insert them, I just get a little confused about editing them in different scenarios without changing existing ones. I have made blocks where if I edited it, it would change all of them. However, I have inserted blocks that came with autocad and edited some features and it only changed that block and not the others. How can I insert blocks and change features like text size for instance without changing all of them if this is possible. Im sure there is some common practice for this. Any insight would be helpful. I will continue researching in the meantime.

Tnx

I'm assuming you are talking about blocks with text attributes.

Well let's say you have half a dozen instances of a single block and you want to change the text height of just one of the blocks. Double-click on the block which in turn will bring up the Enhanced Attribute Editor. Change the text height then click on the OK button. Done.

Without physically seeing samples, I would think that any changes like you mention are possible through the use of annotative or dynamic blocks.

If we're talking about editing something other than a block attribute, like adding/deleting some linework, then that is a whole different story.

perfect example. drawing title block from autocad. My approach right now is to open block and see what their text style looks like. I if i use 1st above approach the bubble dont change with text change. My approach is to see what there texts are and then exit block editor and highlight block in in MS and scale it to what i want. that way bubble adn text change. must be a better way.

that means i have to do the work. i think you only have to divide existing block annotation (say 3/16) by what you want (say 1/16) and scale that factor on the block in MS. This is my methodology but it is just getting to the point where I would like a better alternative.

If the problem is scaling title blocks in model space, is there any reason you can't put the title blocks in paper space? That way you don't have to change scales from one sheet to the next.

If you're changing text from one instance to the next, you need attributes. As ReMark suggests, you can edit the contents, the formatting, even the layer of an attribute without affecting other instances of the block.

If the problem is using the same block at different scales, you need annotative blocks, as steven-g suggests. Simply set the Annotative feature to ON in the Block Editor,. then assign scales to the block as needed.

If the problem is something else, please provide more information or an example.