Mating parts using dimension_sworks.2013

Shiko

Hello everyone,

I'm using sworks.2013

After mating part.1 (cylindrical shell) & 2 (circular tube plate) together using concentric mate (kindly check the here attached screen shot) I'm trying to set the dimension value separating the tube plate surface from the shell's end yet the dimension can't be driven, the driven option is greyed (not selectable). Any idea how to change it, or to assemble that part in such a way to snap it to the desired dimension (165 mm instead of 1.05m) ?

NB: the mate is made in such a way that the tube plate can freely move along the shell's longitudinal axis & can also rotate about its axis, while motion is constrained transversally.

Thanks in advance :)

Untitled.jpg

you can give a distance mate but in general the selection matters. Make sure you select the end face of part one rather than the edge and see if that works. There are several other ways to do it. In Part1 you could have a plane, and then set the face of Part2 to be Coincident with that Plane. It would still rotate about the tube and be concentric but fixed to that Plane.

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience, mate issues arise due the way something is mated together.

Little things like shift1313 said (an edge vs a face) make all the difference in the world.

Try deleting the mates and then apply mates differently or even different mates...

Sometimes a different methodology or approach has to be taken.

One wrong mate can screw up everything...