plot plan

Hi i got a plot plan to redraw in autocad, but something looks off with the bearings. I know bearing usually looks like this S30D57'08"E but the bearings on the plan looks like this N19d36'47" there is not direction at the end of it. :unsure:

Is there a north arrow on the plot plan?

You only have two directional choices, east or west, pick one and start drawing then see what happens.

I would suggest that they are whole circle bearings (as used in some parts of the world), but written with the preceding N by someone who is not totally convinced that they know what they are doing!

One of the simpler ways of using whole circle bearings is to set the angle system such that zero degrees is at North and the angles go clockwise.

Then just enter the bearing (without the initial N) and distance.

I can't see the figures in your picture, so can't check if that works for your case.

I don't know if you can post the drawing on the forum. There may be others who can help. Here in the UK it is closing down time for me.

If I understand everything covered so far, here is the procedure.

Use the UNITS command to open your Drawing Units window. Put a check mark in the "Clockwise" box under Angle. Press the Direction button at the bottom, set "Base Angle" to North, press OK. Press OK to close the Units window.

Pick a point along your border. If there's a Point of Beginning, use that. Follow the border clockwise (or counterclockwise if that's obviously wrong). Start a line or polyline. For each segment, type @D

Open the Units window again and restore your settings.

If that doesn't work, tell us where it went off the rails. I recommended in another thread that you xref it into your drawing temporarily as a guide.