Colour plotting problem

Jake8090

Can an anyone give some advice please. I am trying to print a coloured assembly drawing, something which I have done many times before without any problems. However having placed my base view on the drawing sheet, when I try the print preview my coloured assembly is on a black background to the extents of the view box. This also applies to previous projects which have previously printed without any problems. This makes me think it is a global setting that has gon adrift somehow.

This only applies to to colour printing, all other drawings print fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Best regards Brian (Jake8090)

Thank you Bigal.

I would do if I new how, I am just a 78 year old novice using Inventor as a hobby. I will look and have a try.

Thanks.

PS Retired Autocad User.

Press the PrtSc button on keyboard may need Shift+PrtSc then open "Paint" and paste the screen copy will appear, you can "clip" the image so its a bit smaller its the dashed box top left then Ctrl+C then New and paste again. You now have a clipped image of the plot screen, save the image somewhere, then use Go advanced to load the image. I use a screen grab program and you can see the advanced instructions.

ScreenShot089.jpg

Hi BIGAL from Sheffield England on a lovely sunny afternoon

Many thanks for your latest reply. I have tried your your instruction for taking and posting a page snapshot but my keyboard does not have PrtSc button. It is a Mac keyboard as I am using Inventor via parallels desktop with Windows 10. That said I am pleased to say problem solved via your first reply. The problem was in the plot setting although how this was altered I do not know, maybe early sign of dementia.

My next task is o learn how to take and post a screen shot. Both for myself and help others if possible.

Once again thank you for your replies and best wishes (Jake8090) Brian