AutoCad Project Village

Fieldmouse

I am confused, I have set my layers, plotted my paper, set my units, text styles, and made two blocks, as directed. Now I am stuck on how to enter my POB and benchmark coordinates to begin my project. Can anyone please give me some assistance?

The coordinates can be entered at the command line when you are prompted for a start point and the next point. X/Y coordinate separated by a comma then hit the Enter key.

• 1 year later...

I am working on a Penn Foster project ( Oleson Village) I have looked through so many post and see a lot of people with the same problem that I am having and I still have not found the solution. I have tried to enter the first simple line coordinates over and over! I get no where.I set up the parameters to PF specs . Decimal, 0.00, Surveyors Units, N 0d00'00"E, and scale feet. When I enter my first coordinate @113.66

The @ symbol gives you a relative coordinate, that is, it uses the previous point as the beginning and measures from there. If there is no previous coordinate, there's nowhere to work from.

For the first point, omit the @ symbol and use an X,Y coordinate, probably your benchmark/POB. From then on you can use relative coordinates. AutoCAD remembers your last point, so you can resume your drawing by pressing space/enter to begin from the end of the last line segment.

This: @113.66

This is what coordinates would look like:

coordinate example.JPG

Later on in the project you'll be given coordinates to enter to locate trees on the property.